1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Black Friday and Cyber Monday Web Hosting Sale: Up to 75% Discount

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by marksmithh, Nov 26, 2014.

Leading Web Hosting companies are coming with exclusive Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals 2014. Some of companies i like are bluehost, Hostgator, Ipage, inmotion and arvixe but i am confused with so many offers.

Is there any who can tell which web host providing the best offer for this black friday and cyber Monday? And also which one is the best day or time to buy web hosting. Is this black Friday or its cyber Monday?

Now Here is The Solution -

As part of Black Friday and Cyber Monday deal, Hostgator is offering 65% Discount on its Shared Hosting plans while offering 75% Discount on its fire sale. I am looking the best deal like this or better deal fro my p*n network.

I also found that bluehost is offering its hosting 60% discount on black friday/cyber monday, we can get its hosting in just $2.95/month.

I really recommend bluehost for P*N Network. ;)

Thank you

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    marksmithh, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Its all gimmick, marketing fluff and bunk.

There is no specific best time to buy hosting around the holidays. There's very little difference between what is being offered as a sale price and what the regular "sale" prices are at most bargain hosts.

Mia, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  3. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In past years I have seen sales on Black Friday - Cyber Monday with hosting at 75% off. I purchased a $100 annual shared hosting plan for $25 on Cyber Monday in 2012. So there are deals to be had.

Namecheap for the past two years did a deal where domain name registrations were $0.99 plus ICAAN fee. It's tough to get as the server slows to a crawl with all the people trying to get the deal.

billzo, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  4. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've seen the Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals for 3 web hosts now. One is 50% off regular price, another is between this and the next, and the third web host is claiming 90% off regular prices. These are real deals and real savings, not "marketing fluff". One of those three hosts is one that I have been curious about for a while. I have been using the same host for years now and really don't need another hosting package right now, but you know if it is cheap enough, I may give them a try as I have been thinking about promoting them. So it would be nice to have a little real experience to see what they are like.

Also, for the past two years Namecheap has run Black Friday & Cyber Monday domain registration deals. I was able to pick up domains both days in 2012 and 2013. Problem is I never developed the domains and they expired unused. So I don't know if I will try to do it again if they have another promo this year. Even if it is only $0.99 plus ICAAN fee, it takes 10 - 15 minutes to register the domain because of the crush of traffic trying to take advantage of the deal.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    billzo, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  5. AMJAlienServers

AMJAlienServers Peon

Best Answers:
    Those companies are owned by EIG now and all it is left are just the brand names.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group

AMJAlienServers, Nov 26, 2014 IP
    Mia likes this.
  6. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are separately managed. My web host is an EIG brand and they are great. They are not one of the "unlimited" hosts, though. The management team in place before it was purchased by EIG is still in place today. We are also not in the Provo, Utah, data center which HostGator is in (and where HG had a lot of problems when they moved there last year).

One of the hosting companies doing the Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals I know of is not an EIG host. They are doing the 90% off. So if you are looking for a deal, you can find a non-EIG deal as well. GoDaddy will probably do their annual thing, too. Namecheap will probably do hosting deals, too.

billzo, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  7. AMJAlienServers

AMJAlienServers Peon

Best Answers:
    I am pretty sure a simple google search will sort it out. I am not here to argue but to be honest I would rather go with another hosting company that has nothing to do with EIG (my personal preference).

AMJAlienServers, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  8. ricky709

ricky709 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here are some good deals as you asked

Hostgator--- 55% to 75% off
    Dreamhost--- 70% off
    Asmallorange--- 75% off+ 1 free domain
    Namecheap-- Hosting and domains at as little as $0.98
    Eleven2-- Shared hosting at 50% and VPS at 65%
    Siteground-- 75% off discount
    Interserver-- 50% discount
    Stablehost-- 75% discount

Get all the deals from here: http://rankgrab.com/blog/blackfriday/index.html

ricky709, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  9. marksmithh

marksmithh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Now Here is The Solution -

As part of Black Friday and Cyber Monday deal, Hostgator is offering 65% Discount on its Shared Hosting plans while offering 75% Discount on its fire sale.

I also found that bluehost is offering its hosting 60% discount on black friday/cyber monday, we can get its hosting in just $2.95/month.

I really recommend bluehost for P*N Network. ;)

Thank you

marksmithh, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  10. anna8881

anna8881 Active Member

Best Answers:
    anna8881, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  11. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That will all change. Just give it some time. Doesn't make financial sense to lease from a separate datacenter and pay a separate management team.

WSWD, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  12. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does anybody know if NameCheap is using the same coupon code for each of the domain name registration specials?

I got bit by the bug and ran some domains through the bulk checker and settled on one I might register if the price is cheap enough. But I have to know if they are using the same coupon code for all the specials. Because if they are, then I won't bother trying as everybody will have it entered before I can read it off the Namecheap page.

Just doing some reading around the internet, it looks like successfully registering one of those $0.98 domains is more difficult this year than ever before.

True. But that is what I thought 2.5 years ago when EIG bought HG and its other hosts and nothing has changed yet.

30 minutes later:

I tried registering a $0.98 domain and all 500 available were gone in less than 15 seconds. They lasted longer than that last year. Maybe I will try again early Monday morning or just register it at full price, which would be much less hassle.

billzo, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  13. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Huh??? You think HG is as good as it was before the buyout and nothing has changed? ROFLMAO!!! HG has completely self-destructed. Support went to hell, the service went to hell, you have all the downtime when everything was moved to the EIG datacenter in Provo (can't forget that EIG/HG completely, 100% lied about the move, and said it was an "upgrade"...not a move...you have peoples' dedicated servers being moved in the middle of the night), etc. There are only two EIG companies left that haven't been completely run into the ground...A Small Orange and Arvixe. The Arvixe buyout is too new to have been affected yet (it's coming), and according to all the legitimate reviews over at WHT, A Small Orange is well on its way downhill.

So not really sure where you get the idea that nothing with the EIG buyouts has changed, but you should really visit a decent hosting site (WHT, for example) and start reading the reviews and issues that people are having.

WSWD, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  14. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let me clarify: nothing has changed at my hosting company which happens to be an EIG brand.

Yes, it was a disaster. But I am not with HG. A Small Orange is not in the Provo data center. Never was. :)

A Small Orange is not on its way downhill. Nothing can be further from the truth. They are still great. I have been there years. Others who do not host there like to bash EIG brands because they can siphon off customers. There is money to be made.

I have no problem with justified criticism. But to bash a company, its management and employees and the quality service it provides because it happens to be part of a larger parent corporation is wrong.

Is it possible that one day that could change? Yes. And if it ever does change, I will be a harsh critic, I assure you. And if EIG or any other buyer waves enough money in front of another hosting company, that company will sell out, too. I am expecting EIG's acquisition spree to continue. That's the name of the game for now.

I read WHT regularly.

You looking for criticism? Let me help you out: a few servers at ASO were ddos'ed last month, inclulding one I was on. After years of smooth, trouble-free operation I experienced some downtime. We were moved to another server. It has been nothing but smooth sailing since. Pages load as fast as ever. I was on a shared server with 12 cores and a sustained load hovering around 4. I am now on a shared server with 16 cores and a sustained load around 5. Still plenty of excess capacity. Still fast loading pages and great uptime. When I contacted support at 6 AM on a Sunday morning, they were helpful and fixed my problem quickly. :) But I don't use support much because I very rarely experience any problems.

If you look on WHT, you will see one person who does everything he can to bash any EIG brand. He interjects himself into every thread. And in his signature line is a link to his site that has the top web hosts that he suggests and--surprise--makes money referring. So every time he can convince someone to not choose an EIG brand and instead click on his link and maybe click through to one of his referrers, he makes money. He does not host with ASO (or any other EIG brand), he has no recent experience or any other useful information to provide other than to hope someone is discouraged and ends up becoming a referral.

I have been with 3 hosting companies since 2005. GoDaddy was awful. I was with another (that I will not name) and the server was also overloaded so I had to ask for a refund. Then I found A Small Orange. I have been there since 2007. While every host will have problems here and there, ASO has far exceeded my expectations. They are still great. If that ever changes, I will be very disappointed. Until then, and as long as they are good, I have no problem giving an experienced and qualified recommendation and I will defend them vigorously against unjustified criticism.

billzo, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  15. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Correct. It hasn't been moved.....yet. Like I said, it's just a matter of time. EIG is losing money by having to pay a lease in a 3rd party datacenter, as well as have a separate management staff. t would make absolutely no sense for EIG to leave ASO as it is, yet move every single other acquisition to their datacenter. Apparentlyp you haven't learned yet that EIG does not care about the clients. They care about the shareholders, and nothing more. Their goal is to buy out every host in the fake Top 10 lists...they said so themselves. Then when people are unhappy with one, they will simply move to another EIG brand, and so on and so forth.

ASO IS going to fall the same way HG and all the other companies did. I just love the EIG fanboys, and how they constantly promote the EIG brands. Must be for the affiliate payouts, because it sure isn't the quality of their service.

WSWD, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  16. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may be right. But we will have to wait and see. Also, let us consider the fact that they may eventually get the problems with the Provo data center worked out. I was not surprised HG had the problems it had. I think running a data center would be a pretty complex thing.

EIG as an entity is losing a fortune. So is GoDaddy. True, there are efficiencies of scale to be realized by consolidating operations. However, the word "losing" may or may not apply to each individual brand, separately. If something is working right, it would be a very bad idea to tinker with it. I hope they realized that with the HG data center move. Because if they have not learned their lesson, big trouble awaits.

It would make absolutely no sense for EIG to screw up something that is working right. There are different market segments to the hosting market. If you have been around here long enough, you know there are people looking for unlimited this and that with 24/7 support for $2 a month. Then there are others, such as myself, who are willing to pay more for quality hosting because we are looking for quality hosting. I never considered ASO to be in the same market segment as HG, BlueHost, or any of the others. People will pay more for quality. If there are economic concerns, the smart thing to do would be to raise prices at ASO because I and others would gladly pay it. Yes, I would gladly pay an additional $2, $3, $5 or whatever a month for my little shared hosting package as long as the quality remains.

In the long run, having a quality service will be far more profitable than what HG turned into. Right?

You know, I read the HG board last year and one customer was upset. Said he was leaving. Going to another hosting company. Another poster reminded him he was going to another EIG brand.

That's not necessarily a problem if they operate separately and/or target different market segments. Just about every other EIG brand is an "unlimited" host. ASO is not. And that is what attracted me to them in the first place.

You may be right. Or you may be wrong. 2.5 years after HG/ASO was purchased, ASO is still doing great. And if it turns south, it would not take me more than 1 - 2 hours to buy hosting elsewhere and have all my sites set up. Not much time. I have about 300 web hosting, cloud, colocation, and other providers in a spreadsheet I have to track the business. And there are plenty of smaller hosting companies out there I have not heard of. There is plenty to choose from if I ever needed to look around.

I am not an EIG fanboy. I am an ASO fanboy and that is based on my years of experience with them. Until recently, ASO had one of the lowest paying affiliate programs around (they increased rates Aug. 2014). ASO paid 2x the monthly rate and most joins I referred are Tiny and Small. Other hosts were paying 5 times or more what I was averaging. And that was fine because I recommend ASO all the time without any need for being compensated for it. Most boards do not allow affiliate links in the signature and the current link in my sig, I set that website up last night. I will develop it as I can find the time into what I want. I've brought in quite a few referrals to ASO over the past 3 years and the invalidation/refund/cancel/fraud rate is pretty low. Much lower than I have read for other hosting affiliate programs. There is a reason for that, and I will venture a guess that most people are satisfied with the service. Are they perfect? No. No human being or machine or anything else is. But they are exceptionally good and as I said, as long as they remain good, I will happily recommend them to my fellow webmasters without any need for compensation.

That recommendation is based on my 7 years of experience with them. I do not personally recommend or not recommend something I have never used as many EIG bashers do. As for Go Daddy, people are still experiencing overloading today like I experienced 8 years ago. So I have no reservations about criticizing. People like what they like.

By the way, if EIG came to you and offered you a big pile of money to sell out (if you own or owned a hosting company), would you sell? I would. As would most people.

billzo, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  17. AMJAlienServers

AMJAlienServers Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry billzo but you fit the description of an EIG fanboy.
    And no I would not use EIG to resell if they offered huge profits because that will haunt you down sooner or later (assuming if I was going to resell).

AMJAlienServers, Dec 3, 2014 IP