1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Digitalpoint is falling down!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mimozo, Nov 2, 2014.

1. amiman

amiman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do not like it much now either.
    Just tried to advertise some scripts for sale and I was requested to add my PayPal account, when I checked the add it they have access to to much info on my account so did not bother.

amiman, Nov 20, 2014 IP
  2. syed123

syed123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So, whats your point?

Agreed, there are Pros on new system. Consider this though - even eBay, Amazon, Yelp and bunch of other sites has Feedback manipulation/ fake review issue. Re-starting the whole database doesn't solve it. Can you imagine if all eBay members had to restart FB? C.H.A.O.S.
    I am just saying a system can be improved or rather evolved without erasing old feedback completely. Likely nothing much can be done about it but this is JUST a feedback for future changes and, if minds are open to it, a potentially learning opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
    syed123, Nov 20, 2014 IP
  3. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This change had started long ago. I don't see you have done a single transaction using new DP system.
    Also DP have given enough time for this. When they implemented the new system. They had kept the old ratings for a long time. I was unhappy about this at that time. But when welcomed the new system, it gave more benefits. One day they have to remove the old rating system which can't detect whether there is a transaction was done or not. It seems you are not active for a long time here. All ratings on ebay are for real transaction. Not like here in old system DP there were many fake ratings. Also one can't give negative/positive rating without doing a transaction in new system.

pupul, Nov 20, 2014 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    My point is that if you want to change something back to the way it was you need to make your voice heard as soon as possible - waiting takes the power out of your objection. Waiting almost 2 years makes your object impotent. Can you imagine what the users here would say if we said "hey, we thought things were ok but syed123 popped by on a whim and said we were wrong so it doesn't matter that you've been happy for 2 years, we're going to change back"

sarahk, Nov 20, 2014 IP
    pupul likes this.
  5. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    @syed123 Forget all this. Try to get new ratings with new system.
    No way DP is going back to use old system. As @sarahk said many will be unhappy, if DP changed to old system.
    Many have got used to the new system and benefited a lot from it.

pupul, Nov 20, 2014 IP
  6. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't believe how each thread with this "issue" manages to get a few pages long. People will always complain about changes when they get used to something, even if its for the better. Take FaceBook as a bright example. After each change there is a TON of negative feedback, people whining on their walls explaining how everything was much better before the change. Yet, after a couple of weeks, when they get used to the new things they strangely stop complaining and still remain using it. If changes don't frequently occur we might as well still live in caves and make sacrifices to the Sun God. ;)

Lovers gonna love, haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate...:)

Rado_ch, Nov 21, 2014 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 and sarahk like this.
  7. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Saying that the forum is less spammy than it was, sorry but I have been around many threads in the last 2 days and 75% of posts are just plain sh**, most of them are even out of subject yet I got one of them silly warning (for whatever reason the moderator did think about) just by replying to an advertising subject and asking a member if my stats (close to what this member asked) was ok for him I quote
    . DP moderators are just pulling off members and long term members and let useless comments crawling the place. You think DP is better than before because it's less spammy, well you thrown as many "good" members" as useless spammers so from what I see, DP is exactly the same place as before with thousands people less. That's just my opinion.

IG2010, Nov 26, 2014 IP
    ksb2050 likes this.