1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My WordPress Site Isn't Mobile Friendly - How To Fix It?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by dinrock, Nov 25, 2014.

I recently tested my Wordpress URL in my signature below in WooRank that showed it to be "mobile compatible". After a recent chat with a business contact, he sent me these screenshots, saying WooRank is wrong: these are the screenshots and wondering what is causing the page to be broken in it's appearance and layout? And critique and advice appreciaated. Thanks!

dinrock, Nov 25, 2014 IP
  2. braulio

braulio Active Member

Best Answers:
    To test it yourself, you can use Google Webmaster Tools. Go to the fetch and render section to see your site as google sees it. This is free.

2 choices for converting your wordpress site to mobile are 1 ) code it yourself using this guide ( http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/converting-wordpress-to-be-mobile-friendly--wp-25065 ) or use a plugin using these 5 choiceshttp://www.searchenginejournal.com/5-fantastic-wordpress-plugins-make-site-mobile-responsive/111610/

Good luck and let us know how it worked out.

Braulio

braulio, Nov 25, 2014 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Looked ok in Chrome using the phone option for iphone6 but bad on the iphone5 - turned out its bad on a real iphone6.

I couldn't see any obvious reason for it, you may need to get the theme reworked.

sarahk, Nov 25, 2014 IP
  4. davidmoore789

davidmoore789 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you wish I can help you in making it responsive.

davidmoore789, Nov 25, 2014 IP
  5. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, here is another aspect. Could it actually be that Adsense banner ad that is 728X90, just below my main URL banner (red background) at top of page? (and thnx DaveMoore for offer!)

dinrock, Nov 26, 2014 IP
    kk5st and sarahk like this.
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That's why he's posted here - because he wishes for our help. If you have something to add then post it.

sarahk, Nov 26, 2014 IP
    kk5st likes this.
  7. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That's sort of what I looked for. I didn't see what was causing the cut off left side, though. Are there negative margins and {overflow hidden or absolute positioning}?

There are other elements that don't go below 575px width, even with narrower windows, that add their own confusions.

Good job on your own debugging.

gary

kk5st, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  8. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I realized as this site is Wordpress, maybe taking it to the WP crowd may work (I think wordpress.org has a forum)....it's a bit confusing trying to understand the CSS on this site I have but I have appreciated the insights! Thanks....

dinrock, Nov 26, 2014 IP