1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Rankings Dropped After Moving to Adaptive Design

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Ndot India, Nov 24, 2014.

Hi,
    We had two websites. One for desktop version (www.example.com) and another one for mobile devices (m.example.com). Before 2 weeks removed (m.example.com) and changed the website to adaptive. So, whenever someone opens my website using mobile devices they can view it as (www.example.com) only. After we changed the website to adaptive my rankings on Google started to drop and now almost I am losing 50% of Google traffic. Is there any reason for this or should I do any technical changes in my website? Thanks in advance.

Ndot India, Nov 24, 2014 IP
  2. chetan261992

chetan261992 Member

Best Answers:
    That's a good question!
    Change in URL! Earlier, Your website configuration was separate URLs. So Google Will take time to understand the site roadmap. Two weeks are not enough.
    You may use google mobile friendly test, to check whether your site passes friendly test in order to see if google detects your site as compatible for mobile users.

chetan261992, Nov 24, 2014 IP
  3. braulio

braulio Active Member

Best Answers:
    Greetings,
    You will need to take following actions.

1. You should do a redirect ( 301 ) from your mobile url ( m.example.com ) to www.example.com. You still have time to do this.
    2. At Google Webmaster Tools go to fetch and render to make sure that your site is as you expect it in mobile version. This is a tool to verify that it appears as you wish per Google's view. Make sure and submit to index desktop and mobile version.
    3. At Google Webmaster Tools go to PageSpeed Insights under Other Resources to optimize your mobile site for mobile friendliness per Google's criteria.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. It will take about 2 1/2 months to 3. We had similiar experience when we converted our site to mobile. Above is based on our personal experience.

Braulio

braulio, Nov 25, 2014 IP