1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google stop pagerank? Google: We Won't Be Updating Toolbar PageRank

Discussion in 'Google' started by goldmon, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slincon

Slincon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They actually said that PR data isn't being updated and that it no longer reflects the direction Google has taken (alluding to Larry Page's pagerank thesis/algorithm). They want to move away from volume of backlinks and page rank flow towards a more varied approach, which still includes backlinks but (speculation) may also rely on outside influences like domain age (which was already a factor, but now Google sells domains so they have more of a reason to push for this) and social media (although they claim G+ popularity will not directly influence your results).

The end result is they're moving towards more personalized results - which means in the future it might mean that the results are dynamic and completely different for each user based on interest/personas/sites viewed/hated, etc.

Slincon, Nov 8, 2014 IP
  2. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, its just not show you, they still count it in their system.

enous, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  3. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The only people who might be disturbed in not seeing PR are those who have not heard PR toolbar exports were discontinued. And the only people who have not heard about that are ordinary people who are not webmasters and would not know or care anyway. Domain and page authority is the new quick view metric some like to use. You may want to look at that if seeing nothing in Google's toolbar is disturbing to you.

snowbird, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  4. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting prediction you're saying there! Although, shocking, I find it interesting.

I link SM signals will count a lot more than they count today. But it would be shocking it they totally took links out. I don't think that would happen.

What I think will happen is that they'll become more sophisticated with regards to measuring link quality.

They could track: how often those links are clicked, they could correlate the clicks through links with the on-site metrics (like bounce rate, time spent on site etc.). So the mere link by itself will not have much value, if it's not used.

Mr.Dog, Nov 12, 2014 IP
  5. safdar_78

safdar_78 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No doubt, domain authority is more important nowadays, but my question what is branding? what Google think about new launched website worth analyzed?

safdar_78, Nov 15, 2014 IP
  6. asiogroup

asiogroup Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR is not dead, it's just that they don't want to show the authority of a link.
    But they will be evaluating links on the basis of same algorithm.

asiogroup, Nov 17, 2014 IP
  7. ourstore

ourstore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    pagerank is deprecated!

ourstore, Nov 18, 2014 IP
  8. sell-buy225

sell-buy225 Member

Best Answers:
    pagerank is still there but it's not shown to people due to people abusing it , for example black hat seo try things and go check pagerank to see how it does :)

sell-buy225, Nov 21, 2014 IP
  9. chetan261992

chetan261992 Member

Best Answers:
    Finger crossed! Mueller said we will probably not be updating pagerank. Tricky answer.:(

chetan261992, Nov 24, 2014 IP
  10. hostavps

hostavps Member

Best Answers:
    Does anyone really know? I mean does anyone really know the ins and outs of google ranking, seo and the like? Seems it is something you would definitely have to be on top of as it changes so much. So many people that say they are SEO experts, when I talk to them about SEO they talk about what really boils down to spamming.

hostavps, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  11. Allen Robert

Allen Robert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah I have also heard about that Google stop updating its PageRank, But I have a question in my mind that if Google stops updating PageRank then why there are websites having PR 7, 8, 6??? Its kind of injustice for those who are new and stick to PR 0

Allen Robert, Dec 1, 2014 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    How is it an injustice?
    They're basically saying that when they discontinued public page rank notifications this is the way things were. If your site is PR0 then we know that it was either
    • a rubbish site at that time
    • an unused or unregistered domain at the time
    I guess you could feel victimised that a free service has been discontinued and the relic of it is still visible. You should write to them.

sarahk, Dec 1, 2014 IP
    Agent000 likes this.
  13. Allen Robert

Allen Robert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If I have a website 8 months ago which is going very well, I share the content which really helps people, I am not building links for my website people are linking to my website by themselves. And when someone checks my websites PR after 1 year or more its still n/a.. Rather then other websites which are not doing good now but have PR 2-3-4 and so on.
    PR is not just the PR, but for SEO's PR shows the trust of Google on website.

Allen Robert, Dec 2, 2014 IP
  14. sunweb

sunweb Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing going to change, so don't panic.

sunweb, Dec 2, 2014 IP
  15. AResourcePool

AResourcePool Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind that the Google search results page includes organic search and Pagerank is a link analysis algorithm typical for Google and also it is a system built on determining link population.

AResourcePool, Dec 2, 2014 IP
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    What are you trying to say?

sarahk, Dec 2, 2014 IP
  17. shabarigirish

shabarigirish Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Only difference we could experience is while doing a keyword research and understanding competition for keywords. It's one of the methods to check PR of top listed search results to understand the competition level.

shabarigirish, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  18. Jack T.

Jack T. Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly how easy is it to fake? I am not saying what you said is wrong, I am just trying to understand how that is possible. If you just keep building bad links just to increase your PR, it wont work and you will risk a penalty. But if you are building high quality backlinks just to increase your PR, they are still high quality backlinks meaning your website is worth linking to, meaning google will rank you higher.

Jack T., Dec 4, 2014 IP
  19. tearwanhaif

tearwanhaif Banned

Best Answers:
    What parameters people going to use when they Buy/Sell Links for higher ranking?

tearwanhaif, Dec 7, 2014 IP
  20. a-jani

a-jani Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes of course PR does not hurt the ranking but PR was something we brag about so much. Hey look my website has PR4:)
    Few people still demands "Can you increase the PR of my website". Its always difficult to make them understand that it does not matter now.

a-jani, Dec 7, 2014 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.