1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get indexed in Bing ?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Linda Patel, Nov 4, 2014.

Hello,
    Bing doesn't indexed my site,but Google already indexed it. I've already set up webmaster tool in both Google & Bing. What should i do to get indexed in Bing ?

Proper suggestion plz...

Linda Patel, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  2. JMDomains

JMDomains Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you've already set up Bing webmaster tools and submitted a sitemap, then I'm afraid all you can do is wait.

JMDomains, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  3. doktu

doktu Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you set it up well, it'll eventually be submitted. Give it a maximum of 72 hours and keep on waiting. Do not make changes, just keep on monitoring the status.

doktu, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  4. Preston Pierce

Preston Pierce Member

Best Answers:
    Preston Pierce, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  5. Mazurian

Mazurian Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can try Generator XML-Sitemap plugin and in setting check "Notify Bing (formerly MSN Live Search) about updates of your Blog". If you already did it and still no results, you need to wait.

Mazurian, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  6. malik asad

malik asad Member

Best Answers:
    submit to site bing webmaster tools.

malik asad, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  7. hkmeetup

hkmeetup Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo and Bing update their index at a snail's pace compared to Google. I have had websites that took over a month to get indexed. Generally, the number of indexed pages on bing/yahoo are far less than Google. According to bing, they tend to be picky when it comes to indexing pages and homepage should get indexed first before any other page. Here are something you could do.

- Add your website to Bing Webmaster Tool - http://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster/ and verify your website. Rule out at crawl issues by fetching as Bingbot. This will ensure that the crawler is able to crawl your homepage and other pages without issues. Checked the "blocked URL" section and ensure that its empty.

- Try building some links to your website. It doesn't have to be the homepage. Even links to inner pages will do. The links don't have to dofollow. As far as I know, Bing respects "nofollow" as regards not counting the link in their ranking, but it is not proven whether or not Bing follows the link. Make sure the content is of good quality and unique.

I do understand that the initial indexing phase can be frustrating. They do pick up speed with time.

hkmeetup, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  8. Ben Weir

Ben Weir Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Did you get your site indexed or not? If not then PM me your site URL and I will submit it on Bing webmaster tool for you.

Ben Weir, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  9. malik asad

malik asad Member

Best Answers:
    use the bing webmaster tool.

malik asad, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  10. Poupoupidou

Poupoupidou Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you have some backlinks, Bing does nothing or is very very veryyyyyyyy slow...

Poupoupidou, Nov 11, 2014 IP
  11. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just concentrate on content development and link building, the search engine like Bing is smart enough to index your site.

lifeplayer, Nov 13, 2014 IP
  12. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    I use both Google and Bing Webmaster tools, but I haven't found anything specific that I could do to optimize for Bing. In truth, I think that the most effective search engine optimization has more to do with content than anything else. If you spend your time ensuring that your site has well-written and unique content that real people would find useful or interesting, the search engines will get around to indexing the site before long. I have had Google index sites that were still under construction, and which I had never linked to from anywhere yet. I have to put client sites behind a password to avoid having the pages indexed before the client has had a chance to view or approve the site.

My own anecdotal experience has been that Google indexes my sites first, and that Bing is usually a couple of weeks behind. When things go well, and my site climbs in Google's SERPs, it lags behind in Bing but, before long, both Google and Bing will give results that are largely comparable.

When I am building a site for a client, of course I have to complete the site, and get approval before removing the password and releasing it to the search engines. What I find to be far more successful though, and which I do with my own sites, is to enter them into both Bing and Google Webmaster Tools as soon as I have a few pages completed.

The search engines will then find new stuff there every day, and they will keep coming back, indexing the pages as I upload them. By the time I am through with the site, all but the last few pages are indexed.

However, when I release a large site all at once, too often the search engines will index only a small portion of it, taking a very long time to get to the rest of it. What works for Google works for Bing, only Bing takes longer getting to it, I think.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  13. wwwhome

wwwhome Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my experience on Bing, more backlinks(including nofollow) will help your website get indexed in Bing.

wwwhome, Nov 15, 2014 IP
  14. nafisul Islam

nafisul Islam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To get indexed in bing search engine you must submit your site to bing webmaster first. After that bing will automatically index your new posts. If you want to manually inform bing of your new post or updates you can submit your post url to bing with the help of this link below.
    http://www.bing.com/toolbox/submit-site-url

nafisul Islam, Nov 16, 2014 IP
  15. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Search engine like Bing is not perfect that's why they need our help to find the website making submissions or sharing in different platforms like high authority bookmarking websites such as Reddit, Delicious and social media sites that are popular today because they are usually crawled.

KylieSweet, Nov 16, 2014 IP
  16. AlexNeo

AlexNeo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not much traffic from search engines other than Google. You may want to add Yandex & Baidu as well.

AlexNeo, Nov 22, 2014 IP
  17. Mr victor

Mr victor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Create a sitemap and add to your bing webmaster account then wait for some weeks. Make sure your contents are unique

Mr victor, Nov 22, 2014 IP
  18. Abhishek Kundu

Abhishek Kundu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Linda,
    Bing usually take a little longer to index your website. As you had mentioned that you have already submitted your website in Bing Webmaster Tool you need to wait for them to crawl your website. In the mean time you should focus on good content development for your website / blog.

Kindest,
    Abhishek Kundu

Abhishek Kundu, Nov 24, 2014 IP
  19. sunweb

sunweb Member

Best Answers:
    Just submit your site for index in Bing. Search term Submit url bing and submit your site for index in bing.

sunweb, Nov 24, 2014 IP
  20. ghmanz

ghmanz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bing is usually the fastest for me. Sign up for bing webmaster account, submit sitemap.

ghmanz, Nov 26, 2014 IP