1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content website moves nofollow from dofollow!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by aleale, Nov 24, 2014.

Most of the websites which were giving dofollow links now turns to nofollow links. Like, hubpages and Ezine Articles. I think 50% of websites will affected by this change of these websites. Is there any other method to get dofollow links so Google can consider our links to increase Search Engine Rankings?

aleale, Nov 24, 2014 IP
  2. FokeBox

FokeBox Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are using articles, try guest blogging

FokeBox, Nov 24, 2014 IP
  3. aansy

aansy Active Member

Best Answers:
    i'd still prefer a nofollow link over a dofollow, if it is from an authoritative website.

aansy, Nov 24, 2014 IP
  4. MayurKawale

MayurKawale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would prefer Guest Blogging... but you need unique and fresh content... try it you will get result definitely

MayurKawale, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  5. prince@life

prince@life Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Getting nofollow links from an authoritative website is to be considered as a good sign. Guest blogging, Press releases are alternative methods to get dofollow backlinks for your site. However, getting more dofollow links only from the high authority websites may hurt your SERP too. All you need to do balance everything!

prince@life, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  6. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm curious why some posters above believe that a followed link to one of your pages from a high-authority website could in any way be hurtful.

Jim4767, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  7. prince@life

prince@life Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey @Jim4767 , Nofollow over dofollow? It might be that you have enough experience in SEO field. But, personally I would suggest everyone to balance it. Getting numbers of dofollow links from high authority websites definitely hurts your SEO. (i.e; Rich people can afford a ferrari, but what about the poor ones? )

Same applied in the SEO (Google says), Not only high authority websites, but also low authority websites does make sense in link buildings. All you need to beware of the spammed websites. While getting nofollow/dofollow links, just get rid of those websites, that involved in link exchanges, has low quality (meaningless) contents, penalized by penguin or panda and many more.

I know PR is dead. Although, lets assume that. If You get 5 dofollow backlinks from PR 4-8 websites in one week. In that case, I will suggest you to get 40-50 dofollow/nofollow backlinks from PR4 or below sites. Having a personal experience for my one of the client, Just balance everything in SEO! That's it. I won't force you to get rid of authoritative.

prince@life, Nov 26, 2014 IP