1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Adsense CPC sux. Please help

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by dranyelblogger, Nov 22, 2014.

Hello guys. I just want some suggestions on how to increase my CPC. My CPC is 0.10 and I think its too low.

My traffic mainly comes from PH and Indonesia and some of my friend says that this could be the cause of low cpc as these country has low average cpc.

Other say its because of my domain. It is still in blogspot.

While others say it's because my content focuses on games which basically has the lowest cpc.

My question is if I pursue a gaming blog, how will I increase my CPC? Or generally, how can I increase my CPC in any blog.

Just a newbie blogger guys and I need tons of help.

dranyelblogger, Nov 22, 2014 IP
  2. ghmanz

ghmanz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You friends are knowledgable. Those three things are pretty big. Niche is a huge one. The CPC is only worth what advertisers are willing to pay. Why not start your own website? Domains and hosting are relatively cheap and you can choose your niche, domain, and ad placement.

ghmanz, Nov 22, 2014 IP
  3. Ahtesham Quraishi

Ahtesham Quraishi Member

Best Answers:
    I think the major reasons are the Niche and the countries of the users. Quick Fix - You need to get the visitors from the Western world! :)

Ahtesham Quraishi, Nov 23, 2014 IP
  4. hkmeetup

hkmeetup Member

Best Answers:
    The CPC can depend a lot on niche and location as well. Advertisers from USA/UK/Canada/Australia/NZ tend to pay more as opposed to the ads coming out of Asia. That said, it is possible to marginally improve the CPC by reviewing ads on "Ad Review Center". You can consider blocking categories that pay really low. You can experiment with different ad sizes and image/text ads. Image ads tends to pay lower. If you get a significant portion of mobile visitors, make sure your blog and ads are mobile optimized for best results.

hkmeetup, Nov 23, 2014 IP
  5. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    People who work on game niche basically focus more on the traffic and CTR, that's the way to increase the earning, not CPC.
    It is same as you are selling pen, it is a volume business, and you cant expect to get the same profit per unit as selling a mobile phone

lifeplayer, Nov 23, 2014 IP
  6. dranyelblogger

dranyelblogger Member

Best Answers:
    Jeez....So if I want 100usd per day, then I must get 1000 click if I continue my gaming blog? That's a lot of work but I can do it. My question is- Does adsense compliment gaming blog? Or is there any other program that can earn more when you have a gaming blog?

dranyelblogger, Nov 23, 2014 IP
  7. ghmanz

ghmanz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    look into affiliate programs. the highest earning gaming people are on Youtube, I believe. There are people making crazy money for doing game reviews, walkthroughs, etc

ghmanz, Nov 23, 2014 IP
  8. prince@life

prince@life Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey bro,
    What about the traffic from USA, UK, Canada? And your daily pageviews? Kindly PM me. I will let you know whatever i can help you.

prince@life, Nov 23, 2014 IP
  9. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Money wouldnt drop from sky, the more you work on, the more you gain. It sames happen to those high pay niche, they need to work hard to gain money. If you did some research, you can found that game niche is one of the highest search niche, and those called "high pay niche" normally have much lesser search volume, They are hard to get traffic and harder in getting click.
    Many people want to earn "easy money" but the fact is that there is not such thing called as "easy money". The CPC low is not the adsense set, but the adwords user or we call them as "advertiser". The advertiser not willing to pay high cost for their game related product because of the profit margin. And those insurance or car related ads normally have better CPC because the advertiser able to pay high for their ads due to high profit margin.
    BTW, You can add some affiliate program, this is one of the good option for the game site to increase the revenue

lifeplayer, Nov 23, 2014 IP
  10. dranyelblogger

dranyelblogger Member

Best Answers:
    So it is normal then to have .10 cpc for gaming site? Okay thanks for the suggestion man. Really helped me realize what should I focus on doing.

11. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your domain has nothing to do with your Adsense CPC. I have a free blog on Blogspot and I have gotten $3 per click maximum. I abandoned the blog long ago and it gets no traffic anymore (never did get much). But that shows the domain has nothing to do with the CPC rate you get.

As a matter of fact, $0.10 is not a bad CPC rate. I have gotten as low as $0.04 (4 cents US).

If you want a high rate, you have to go where the money is. Stuff like lawyer referrals, lawsuits, etc. but only if you get American traffic.

billzo, Nov 23, 2014 IP
  12. dranyelblogger

dranyelblogger Member

Best Answers:
    But those niche don't have much coverage in terms of traffic. I might stick into my gaming niche and do my best to boost my traffic.

13. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can also sprinkle in some keywords that the ad bot will pick up on to display the higher paying ads. I first found out how high the lawyer ads paid because I had the word "fraud" in a blog post once and the ad bot started displaying lawyer ads on that page. So when you are writing your page text, try to sprinkle in some keywords that can cause higher-paying ads to be shown.

billzo, Nov 24, 2014 IP
  14. Kimsea Sok

Kimsea Sok Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, actually domain is one of element that image the CPC low but it depend on the rank of domain. if your domain go from PR #0 to #2 I think that you could get from $0.05 to $1. but if you have from $3, I think that you able to get more than $2 CPC. Also, you have to block low advertisers but to make sure you still have some ads impress for your blog. Another thing you should consider is that to get high pay traffic such as organic and Western traffic like US and UK

Kimsea Sok, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  15. Daniel.Thomas

Daniel.Thomas Member

Best Answers:
    The CPC that we get from adsense is dictated by the bidding system of AdWords: how much advertisers in AdWords are paying for the click and how valuable is the user(cookie) itself. Other elements that influence the CPC are geo location, the actual keywords on a webpage, the topic of the website, the quality of the traffic. The domain name and PR might have a slight influence on your CPC but it will never influence in such a way to grow from $.05 to $1. Maybe from $0.10 to $0.11

Daniel.Thomas, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  16. dervaish

dervaish Member

Best Answers:
    Hello dranyelblogger ...

Adsense CPC depend on your website traffic country ... traffic from European Countries have high CPC(cost per click). in my search it is depend on your traffic source.
    plus some other factors also effecting, but main is that.

dervaish, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  17. NAElPal

NAElPal Member

Best Answers:
    Try to focus on some valuable keywords. Use keyword planner, it will help

NAElPal, Nov 30, 2014 IP
  18. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is NOT a wise strategy. People on a gaming site are likely to click on gaming related ads and NOT ads promoting the services of a law firm. Although you may deceive the bot into showing high paying ads, it serves no purpose unless someone actually clicks on that ad.

peepin2me, Nov 30, 2014 IP
  19. gnshah

gnshah Member

Best Answers:
    Tell me Can you use your adsense code on other websites and do you have adsense for search option on your blogger+adsense account I can help you big time

gnshah, Jan 11, 2015 IP
  20. Nusaint

Nusaint Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Maybe I can add something here. I have a site with cpc £0.05. I did everything to increase the CPC rate, keywords, more contents all that bla shit in the end none worked. What I did was increase the traffic to the site and increased the CTR. I am still getting £0.05 per click but I get a lot more clicks now and revenue has increased. You might wanna focus on traffic rather increased CPC.

Nusaint, Jan 14, 2015 IP