1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Choose a Good Domain Name for an Affiliate Website if most the names are taken

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Ladd13610000, Nov 18, 2014.

How to Choose a Good Domain Name for an Affiliate Website if most the names are taken. Need help

Can someone help me find a domain name
    Michael Ladd
    pm on here

Ladd13610000, Nov 18, 2014 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Finding a good domain name is hard because they are for the most part all taken. What I do is create a spreadsheet and brainstorm name ideas, typing anything into the spreadsheet that comes to mind. Then I run the domain names (50 at a time) through the Namecheap bulk domain checker, see which ones are not taken, then narrow down my list by either choosing one of them or a variation of something that is available.

Last year I came up with a list of over 800 domain name ideas. Most were taken. I ended up registering 5 out of my 800 ideas.

billzo, Nov 18, 2014 IP
  3. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's a highly competitive field, and an over promoted product, there seems to be a pattern of high gravity products having a higher ratio of promoters compared to the number who have made sales.

The biggest factor for that sort of niche subject may well be having an exact match search keyword domain name (unlikely in this case) or a name containing a search keyword in order to get a little search ranking boost, be sure you've compiled a list of search phrases from the Google Keyword Tool that you can consult when creating content as well.

The Godaddy bulk search tool is one of the simpler aids to testing a large number of names, with up to 10 different TLDs at once.

There are sites with tools that help you come up with fictitious names, including: wordlab.com, wordoid.com, lingzini.com, namestation.com, some of these tools look up the domain name availability as you go.

Hope it helps :)

wanessmark, Nov 20, 2014 IP
  4. ghmanz

ghmanz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what is the niche? I don't see it in his post. For affiliate sites.... try the words best or reviews, add the year if necessary. Example Best niche . com best niches .com niche review.com niche reviews.com best niche reviews.com best niche reviews 2014 .com, etc. Look for .org/.net if all .coms taken. If everything is gone....the niche is probably saturated.

ghmanz, Nov 22, 2014 IP
  5. Ladd13610000

Ladd13610000 Member

Best Answers:

my niche is products and content to help small businesses and entrepreneurs be successful and grow. My passion
    I picked this name I picked this sense the name i wanted these crazy brokers wanted hundreds even thousands for the domain names
    startup people or companies can't afford these prices. sad what happening in this market to build a business name and website and etc.

here the name I finally found and bought: YourSuccessUnlimited.net

sad what see is all i am saying pure greed.

called greed
    just my opinion and rant for today

Michael ladd

Ladd13610000, Nov 22, 2014 IP
  6. ghmanz

ghmanz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    sounds like you ran into some domain squatters hanging a ridiculous price on a domain. I don't understand those types of people. It is likely some of those domains will never be used anyways.

You site looks good, looks like you are moving fast to get content posted. Template looks good and page loaded fast for me.

ghmanz, Nov 23, 2014 IP
  7. Ladd13610000

Ladd13610000 Member

Best Answers:
    Could not agree with more sir

sad all about greed hell with small business owner or entreprenuers

Ladd13610000, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  8. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This guy was not joking. I spent a few hours brainstorming domain names the past few days and checked availability on 215 possibilities and almost all were taken. The few that were not taken were not very good and a few that were good had over 20 characters in the domain. Most of the domains I checked were not being used. Just parking or for sale pages. Even stupid possibilities like "affiliatemonkey dot com" were taken. Must be a very competitive niche.

billzo, Dec 5, 2014 IP
  9. AMJAlienServers

AMJAlienServers Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you could try to use one of the new cctld and/or gtld if you do not care about that, that way you could get your desired domain.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
    AMJAlienServers, Dec 6, 2014 IP
  10. Sulfen

Sulfen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think this is what will make the .CO domain a lot more popular in the coming years. So many squatters are sitting on .COM domains that Google now considers .co domains a global domain just like .com domains. The drawback is that .co domains cost a lot more to register and renew to keep squatters at bay for a bit longer. Personally I've found some nice .co domains that are ranking as well as some .com domains.

Sulfen, Dec 7, 2014 IP
  11. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If the original poster wants some ideas for affiliate website domain names, I have some ideas I would be happy to share. All are available.

billzo, Dec 8, 2014 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    rofl

It's called capitalism. They are gambling (speculating) on their "asset" having value and are prepared to pay for it's upkeep in the meantime. The domains may have a price but they don't have a value until a deal is done.

I don't see how that differs from someone who buys up land on the city fringe and hangs onto until the area is well developed and the land has inflated value. They could have sold to the first person who asked but their strategy has been to hang out for the big bucks. Time will tell if that's foolish or not.

I've had somebody offer to buy one of my domains. It's a dog but it's the name I have on forums, twitter, email etc so the upheaval of selling isn't worth it unless I'm offered crazy money that is more about paying for my time to get everything changed over than for the domain. I offered the guy a free subdomain and free email address but he declined. I'm pretty sure he thought I was greedy too.

How about the guy who restores classic cars for a living. If he chooses not to sell to the first potential buyer because he's hanging out for a better price is he greedy?

I suspect your small business owners have a better handle on speculators than you do.

sarahk, Dec 8, 2014 IP