1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DigitalPointers living in Europe/Asia/Africa?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Aquarezz, Nov 9, 2014.

Hey,

Any of you DP'ers living somewhere in Europe, Asia or Africa? I'm from Belgium (small country in Europe), but I'm thinking about doing a 3-months trip to other places in Europe & Asia. To discover new places, get to know different cultures and have some fun, while living a laptop lifestyle.

I'm wondering who's living in other countries and who would like to get in touch with me and tell me what there is to see (& do) in your country. Eventually you could help me discover places I haven't been to and we could share some online business knowledge :)

Leave a reply or send a message.

Greetz,
    Nico

Aquarezz, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    That's a sure way to get yourself into a mess.

Keep in mind, no matter how honest and good the people that may contact you will seem to be, they are still total strangers to you and you shouldn't be all that open-minded to have strangers as your companions in the countries you know very little about.

Instead, find reliable people who can accommodate you and show you around using couchsurfing: https://www.couchsurfing.org/n/how-it-works

That service has been around forever and thousands of travelers worldwide have been successfully using it.

qwikad.com, Nov 9, 2014 IP
    badmas, matt_62 and Arick unirow like this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You might be better to ask specific questions rather than vague questions. Europe, Asia and Africa covers a lot of ground!

I just hit up one of my trusted dpers for info about travelling around Java and it was great to get some truly local info - he actually lives much closer to where I was asking about than I'd expected too.

sarahk, Nov 9, 2014 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  4. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't offer anything though but I can guarantee you can find lots of inexpensive accommodations in the our country. You can connect to lot of internet groups for example bloggers in our area for they are very organized and even held events every now and then. Cebu, Philippines is where I'm from. This is where you get to enjoy white sand beaches. internet connection is everywhere and most of them are free.

etc, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  5. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @qwikad.com that's true. I agree with your point, but I will look into couchsurfing later on. I was just wondering if any of the people here live in these countries and know things are worth visiting (for example online marketing conventions etc.).

@sarahk Thanks for your response. Valid point, too. I'm looking into countries like Romania, Montenegro, Poland, Czech. There seem to be beautiful things to visit. For Asia, I'm looking at Singapore which seems beautiful and pretty neat to find some ventures.

@etc thanks, have you ever visited any of these events or not? How's the accommodation there, hotels etc? :)

Aquarezz, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  6. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. I've attended best blogs in our city event and this guy chrisducker.com usually sponsor events here in our area. He owns a business here. I think he's is the best to contact with if you want to visit our place.

etc, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  7. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You shall consider some other asia country because a week is more than enough to hang out at Singapore (FYI, belguim about 40 times bigger than Singapore). Thailand is another good place to visit which near by Singapore

lifeplayer, Nov 11, 2014 IP
  8. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just so you know, you will do a lot of walking in Singapore.

etc, Nov 11, 2014 IP
  9. de7erv

de7erv Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't help you there, I'm from Belgium myself :D
    I would suggest checking out the major cities. You will always find something there that will interest you in some way or another

de7erv, Nov 11, 2014 IP
  10. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Wow, I never considered Singapore being so much smaller than Belgium! But I might move on once I've seen it all, through streetview it seems like a fine place to hang out for a few days. Thailand is one of the other countries I would love to visit on my trip :).

And @de7erv, where are you from in Belgium?

Aquarezz, Nov 16, 2014 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Singapore is eye-wateringly expensive but a fantastic place to visit. The night zoo is amazing. You could go to Sentosa for a week and never do the same thing twice. For everything that's a bit plastic and commercial there is something else natural and free. My bucket list includes going walking or cycling around the whole island and checking out the non-touristy bits.

sarahk, Nov 16, 2014 IP
  12. de7erv

de7erv Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Aquarezz I'm from a small town of Aarschot in Vlaams Brabant.
    You?

de7erv, Nov 16, 2014 IP
  13. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @sarahk Sentosa looks great and is definitely something I'm going to visit once I've prepared some other nice visits. Thanks for the reference. I'm also more of the walk & talk person. Usually I find some great places around cities or at countrysides.
    @de7erv Aha! I'm from Kortrijk, good to see other Belgian people here hanging around :)

Aquarezz, Nov 17, 2014 IP
  14. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't advise meeting up with people from DigitalPoint. First of all... most of them are from India, Afghanistan or Iraq... Secondly..all of them are still trying to figure out ways to make $20 a month. You may end up paying for EVERYTHING and then spending hours at dinner listening to pitches on why you should invest $100 in their million dollar ideas.... As for suggesting places to visit...if you're lucky to find a member who is adventurous enough to leave their parents basement I'm sure they will lead you to some pretty damn cool caves, sand castles, and snake pits...

NetStar, Nov 17, 2014 IP
    lifeplayer, matt_62 and malky66 like this.
  15. Mazurian

Mazurian Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Nico,
    I'm from Poland so if you plan to visit Poland let me know :)

Mazurian, Nov 20, 2014 IP
  16. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks @NetStar for your input!

@Mazurian where in Poland do you live? Is there something to see over there? :)

Aquarezz, Nov 20, 2014 IP
  17. Mazurian

Mazurian Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I live in Warsaw (capital of Poland) but I have also house in Masurian Lake District where I go every weekend - many lakes, forests and fresh air :) In Warsaw there are many things to do but you should visit Krakow and Wroclaw (also big cities) with their old town and close to the mountains.

Mazurian, Nov 20, 2014 IP
  18. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    That sounds like a really good idea. Just make sure you go somewhere that has good internet.

dcristo, Nov 20, 2014 IP
  19. Commoner

Commoner Banned

Best Answers:
    Ahem.. Who is calling Singapore?

And yes, I'm from Singapore, Southeast Asia region. If you do have any questions, feel free to ask me!
    It is a very tiny dot as compared to Belgium but the non-commercial areas or suburbs will surprise you :)

Warmest Regards,
    Commoner

Commoner, Nov 20, 2014 IP
  20. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That Lake District looks awesome, definitely! And dcristo, I'll try and do my best. If I don't have internet but nice things to see I don't really care whether I have it or not though :)

Thanks @Commoner I will send you a PM! Hope you can give me some answers via Skype :) Thanks.

Aquarezz, Nov 21, 2014 IP