1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SCAM alert - warriorworking

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by alexau, Nov 10, 2014.

Beware of this guy. His username is warriorworking and his profile is https://www.digitalpoint.com/members/warriorworking.666808/

He offers his content writing services here on DP.

If you order from him 1 or 2 articles, everything will be fine. If you later place a larger order and pay more significant deposit $50 or more, he will disappear and you will not see your money or your articles.

This is how I was scammed by this guy. I placed my order at the end of September and paid over $50 deposit. He promised that he will deliver my articles in 2 days time.
    It has already been over 6 weeks since then but I got no articles and he refuses to refund my deposit and ignores my emails. He just took my money and disappeared.

So, be careful when dealing with this guy.

alexau, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  2. warriorworking

warriorworking Member

Best Answers:
    Alex canceled an order without warning. Went to a PayPal dispute, then escalated to a claim. At no time did he bother to contact me by email to discuss. PayPal ruled against him yesterday even though I confirmed the details as Alex had stated them to PayPal. Confusing outcome. Again, he has not contacted me to discuss the matter. Instead, he has decided to make a false statements all over DP to try to hurt my business interests.

I have reported this thread and his other comments for making false statements.

warriorworking, Nov 11, 2014 IP
  3. alexau

alexau Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have attached proof of my deposit.

Please show any proof that I cancelled my order and you refunded my deposit.

Attached Files:

alexau, Nov 12, 2014 IP
  4. warriorworking

warriorworking Member

Best Answers:
    The matter has already been discussed over email today and I have agreed to complete the order this weekend following a protracted PayPal dispute, taking several weeks, which you lost...

warriorworking, Nov 12, 2014 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Stuff like that should be resolved via the mods.

There should be some kind of policy in place stating that starting accusatory threads regarding a nonpayment or an undelivered job may result in your account being banned.

I don't see any benefit to any of this.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    qwikad.com, Nov 12, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. warriorworking

warriorworking Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Currently the OP basically went to PayPal, lost the case, but wants to have it both ways and rubbish my reputation. He never took one second to speak to me about the situation. However, even with the old system a supplier could not risk adding accurate negative notes to a profile because the person would write incorrect notes in return and they'd then lose new deals. People would look at the negative comment, but would not bother to go see what the seller said on the buyer's profile which told the real story. So even when someone ripped me off, I couldn't risk leaving a comment about it. So even the old system didn't protect sellers though it sure protected buyers.

This could have been handled reasonably without permanently damaging my rep on the site. The order will be completed shortly but that won't make any difference at this point. The guy will be satisfied that he actually was NOT scammed at all, but scam and my username will still show up in searches. I will get questions from people who are interested talking with me but see the old threads. And that pain continues forever. But he walks away fine, I lose thousands of future income all over a small deal with little recourse other than going legal for loss of business reputation and damage to income.

I have reported both his threads for inaccurate statements. But I rarely if ever see threads removed for defamatory statements made against a seller. It is very one sided.

7. warriorworking

warriorworking Member

Best Answers:
    Alexau has called me a scammer and a liar. This individual has first asked for the order to be completed, but this morning changed their mind again and decided they wish to be refunded instead. I have therefore issued a refund for $58.10 to cover the remaining part of this contentious order. As Alexau has posted a proof of payment from PayPal, I am posting a proof of PayPal refund. This confirms I deal with people fairly.

Attached Files:

8. Roger Markins

Roger Markins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You have refunded him so I do not regard you as a scammer yet communication is everything here both sides must tell the other if they do not like the way things are going. Alex maybe you can inform if you will dispute before doing it. That said Warriorking you have to also always check with your client and communicate as if you did you might have noticed his dissatisfaction at an early time and provided some way out of it without a dispute.

Roger Markins, Nov 13, 2014 IP
  9. warriorworking

warriorworking Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Roger. Communication was sporadic from the guy. Despite being asked to add a comment to reflect that a refund was being processed, therefore no one is out of pocket or was scammed at all, the guy could not be bothered to even do so. So the thread stays up on DP which is grossly unfair to myself. Meanwhile the guy continues on like nothing happened and his situation is unaffected while mine is. Ridiculous situation.

There is also the fact that he was rejected by PayPal because he isn't fully registered and has no address supplied. It seems he started this thread within a few hours of PayPal rejecting his claim and he wanted it both ways (Make a claim. If successful, great! If unsuccessful, destroy the service provider on DP without even contacting the provider to ask for a refund first. My notes to PayPal confirmed what he had said that there was an order o/s and money outstanding.). This didn't really give me an opportunity to discuss it. As it is I doubt that would have helped as he much preferred to post to DP and rarely replied to my emails when I was trying to resolve the matter amicably.

I requested that he take down the posted PayPal image, he ignored the request completely. His requests went from expecting the order to being refunded, back to expecting the order written, and visa versa several times.... Eventually it became necessary to issue the refund to resolve the issue at least from his side, even though he has seriously damaged me on this site now. So a better outcome would have been difficult to accomplish with this type of buyer I feel. I believe it would have gone the same way regardless quite frankly.

warriorworking, Nov 13, 2014 IP
  10. alexau

alexau Active Member

Best Answers:
    Finally, I can confirm that after my posts here on DP, warriorworking decided to refund my money, otherwise he would not bother. It took almost 2 months to resolve this matter.
    He did not even bother start working on my order during all this time but initially he promised to deliver in 48 hours. I would not recommend dealing with this guy.

Those customers who relies on PayPal to resolve potential problems, you need to know that PayPal buyer protection only covers physical goods, and almost everything you order on this forum will be classified as non-physical goods or services which are not covered by PayPal buyer protection. This makes very easy for potential scammers to scam people because they know that PayPal is unlikely to take any actions.

alexau, Nov 20, 2014 IP
  11. dandeedo

dandeedo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Glad to know that your problem is fixed. I have learn many things from your post. I will be careful to hire any service.

dandeedo, Nov 22, 2014 IP
  12. warriorworking

warriorworking Member

Best Answers:
    You can also learn from the other side of the fence, Dandeedo. Even when you say you have no issue refunding, then actually do so even though PayPal rejected the buyer's claim, I still get slammed. Doesn't say he was honest after all, he was not a scammer, my mistake... No. Still insults me making out that I only refunded for my own reasons. I was never asked to refund. When I was and the guy finally decided he didn't wish to go ahead, I refunded promptly. So even when you return funds in a fair manner you do not get credit for it and the guy insults me again. Nice people, eh.

warriorworking, Nov 22, 2014 IP
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    This is a "he said/she said" type of thing. Any experienced DP-er will not believe either side of the discussion because no one can tell who is right and who is wrong. I will say that I left eBay a few years ago due to the dishonesty and sheer stupidity of the buyers on the site. When eBay allowed a "Buyer" to give me a negative feedback (the only one I had out of 17,000+ feedbacks), despite the Buyer never having paid for the cable, it was the final straw.

@warriorworking, if you are still concerned about how this thread may hurt you and believe that you are the aggrieved party, I suggest that you get a few other established DP-ers that you have successfully sold your services to and have them put a short post here saying that you were a good vendor. Does not have to be long posts, just a brief note.

jrbiz, Nov 23, 2014 IP
  14. warriorworking

warriorworking Member

Best Answers:
    Hi JR,

Thanks for your comment. I am chasing up the matter privately to reach a solution through third parties.

Have a good weekend.

warriorworking, Nov 23, 2014 IP
  15. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    @warriorworking By the way, you need to stop being all stressed out about this thread. Out of hundreds of thousands of potential buyers that visit this forum daily/weekly, maybe like 2 of them, interested in the stuff you do, will happen to see it, and trust me, it's not going to impact you as a seller, in any major way, whatsoever. If I were you, I'd ignore this thread to begin with and, in time, it would've been buried and forgotten with no impact on you. Why in the world are you so worried about all of this? Chill, man. By keeping this thread up, you're allowing those 2 people to see it day after day. So, it's all on you now, by your own doing. But if you enjoy weird negative advertising, then, of course keep this thread alive by all means.

qwikad.com, Nov 23, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  16. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    @warriorworking has created content for me. Not only did he deliver content that I was pleased with but, when I accidentally overpaid him, he pointed out and is going to make it up for further content. I don't know the guy, I've never met him, but he has been straight with me.

warriorworking likes this.