1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can money buy hapiness?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by flegmatic, Oct 16, 2014.

1. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    very well said :)

Also it's hard to buy happiness for you but with money you can make other people happy and help them which can give you happiness :)

FreeFun4Every1, Nov 19, 2014 IP
    kamakama likes this.
  2. pilot35

pilot35 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Money is not be everything, but it is nearly impossible (based on my opinion) to live a happy life without money. Those people in the video looks like they are gonna work for the rest of their lives.

pilot35, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  3. Root Content

Root Content Peon

Best Answers:
    "Anybody tells you money is the root of all evil doesn't fuckin' have any. They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the fuckin' smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby."

Root Content, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  4. dj canadaa

dj canadaa Active Member

Best Answers:
    no money can"t buy happiness

dj canadaa, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  5. rocmarjon79

rocmarjon79 Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know guys but when I don't have any money I am sad and when I come into money I get happy. I start break dancing on the floor as well as a few pitiful cartwheels. Now I am the same way before I eat so never-mind.

rocmarjon79, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  6. kate_T

kate_T Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    that was inspiring.. :) money can't buy happiness but we sure need it in order to live. we need it to buy our basic needs..

kate_T, Dec 15, 2014 IP
  7. supernal

supernal Member

Best Answers:
    This question depends on how you define happiness. Without money you'll find satisfying basic needs difficult, or I assume so anyway since you are on a computer and using some form of internet protocol to surf and post that question, but having basic needs met does not really to me mean "happiness" and neither do I think it is a material thing that you can purchase. Without a doubt you can use money to increase your material comfort and luxury which is directly related to pleasure which is an equivalent of happiness for most people.

In short. I'm happy without being rich but I sure wouldn't mind a few more zeroes in my bank account.

supernal, Dec 25, 2014 IP
  8. isababy

isababy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A wise man once said...

"Whoever said money can't buy happiness do not know where to shop." :D

Seriously though, we need money. But, the best things in life (the ones that make us happier) cannot be bought by money.

isababy, Dec 25, 2014 IP
  9. TopForum.Ir

TopForum.Ir Active Member

Best Answers:
    Money can't bring happiness. Money is happiness itself. [​IMG]

TopForum.Ir, Dec 26, 2014 IP
  10. Steven1989

Steven1989 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    we need of a minimum threshold of money. After that, happiness is not bought by money!

Steven1989, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  11. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure can. If you don't have any other problems.

scurvy, Apr 23, 2015 IP
  12. Jeremy Benson

Jeremy Benson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think money can buy happiness, the two aren't intertwined. You can be happy about having, getting, and spending money, but likely not all the time. I'm sure sadness will come... Many people are rich, but feel empty, like they're missing things in life... That's why I don't understand C.E.Os lose jobs and jump off bridges, I've seen happier people in soup kitchens.

I think that since they had money they were missing a very important understanding in life... Money isn't everything.. Paris Hilton has never been poor, and likely will never know what it's like being poor... There's tons of people that just don't know what it's like to spend the last dollar.... I think they're missing valuable lessons.. Some of them in return treat the poor bad, but really.. I have friends who have been homeless, went there myself when I decided to travel the maritimes with a tent, cooking pot, clothes, and $400 bucks... was a two year trip...

I've seen rich people look at poor people like garbage.... That same poor person could be one of your best friends, some were mine...

Jeremy Benson, Apr 24, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  13. TAHL

TAHL Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm going to try and conjure an opinion that supports both. This is probably harder than I think.
    I think you need to start with the individual and what they're dreams are. Each and every person on this planet has a dream, some people manage to reach them, others try so hard and loose everything, and the rest are stuck in middle working for someone else. Money may help you reach your dreams faster, but I don't think money alone gives you happiness. Passion on the other hand is true happiness, when you find something you really enjoy doing and money is the farthest thing from your mind, then I believe you are truly happy. Money didn't make you happy, it might have contributed to the journey in finding it.

This all being said doesn't apply to the individuals in the video. These people are tired, and stuck in a position that I can only imagine would be difficult. To them receiving money that's 100 times more than they would receive in a day, of course this makes them happy, but only until the money runs out. That last sentence can be argued that money does by happiness, and I will agree that it does in the short term. As soon as that money looses its novelty you become bored and depressed.

In conclusion I believe money can buy short term happiness, and only passion for what you do with your life can bring true happiness.

TAHL

TAHL, Apr 24, 2015 IP
  14. mrana11

mrana11 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes. Before I earn money my life was full of panic. When I started to earn money my life changed!

mrana11, Apr 25, 2015 IP
  15. Wandawonderful

Wandawonderful Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Money can really give us happiness, especially when we are able to share it to people who are unfortunate. We cannot only make other people but also our hearts will be so glad.

Wandawonderful, May 2, 2015 IP
  16. Ed Stevens

Ed Stevens Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, Money can't buy happiness. But then again happiness can't buy groceries!

Ed Stevens, May 3, 2015 IP
  17. syda

syda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    yes

syda, May 3, 2015 IP
  18. kamakama

kamakama Active Member

Best Answers:
    answer is :no
    because money can not buy Magnanimity, masculinity and loyalty and fidelity and love of people etc
    Money is necessary for life, but there are things the man made it with his personality, not his money
    sorry if my English is bad :)

kamakama, May 8, 2015 IP
  19. vinboy

vinboy Member

Best Answers:
    It depends what you can do with your money.

Do you have diabetes? can you eat everything that you can afford to eat?
    If you have alot of money but very bad health, it's better not to have that much money and have a good health.

vinboy, May 15, 2015 IP
    seo_buzz likes this.
  20. swingersclub.com 4 sale

swingersclub.com 4 sale Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Of course money "can" buy hapiness... but NOT always. Truth is - money can't always get you a healthy life. Eg... even if you have $ one billion and get cancer you can't get sure to get free from the cancer.

swingersclub.com 4 sale, May 15, 2015 IP