1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Rank drops when the location is changed

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Rahul Pandit, Nov 17, 2014.

Does keyword rank goes down when the location is changed?

I am working on a website that sells indoor golf products in India. I have optimized the website as per my target audience (India)

The problem is whenever I check my keyword rank it shows up on the 1st page when the location in my browser is Mumbai which is my default location, but sometimes the location automatically changes to my local area and keyword doesn't show up in Google SERP.

Why is this happening?

Rahul Pandit, Nov 17, 2014 IP
  2. behnamy

behnamy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, The location and custom settings and even previous searchs of people are the factors that impact on SERP results.

behnamy, Nov 17, 2014 IP
  3. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it would affect your keyword specially if it is set for a specific location.

usemyteam, Nov 17, 2014 IP
  4. Rahul Pandit

Rahul Pandit Active Member

Best Answers:
    But I want to rank my keywords nationally (google.co.in), Its okay if it doesn't show up when the location is set to other countries.

Rahul Pandit, Nov 17, 2014 IP
  5. midnightblur

midnightblur Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should get more traffic from all over India to get it appear across country.

midnightblur, Nov 20, 2014 IP