1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Direct Sales Tips

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by funmom91, Nov 11, 2014.

I recently decided to get into direct sales, last month, and this month I have only been getting about five sales per week. I promote daily in about 30 Facebook groups, and a few times a week on Google Plus, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram. I have also tried a few wahm forums but the results are not what I was expecting.

Does anyone have any advice of other things I could be doing online or any eBook recommendations that might shed some guidance?

funmom91, Nov 11, 2014 IP
  2. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do Google Adwords, Bing Ads, and other paid advertising. This is the best way to get things up and running consistently day after day.

Randall Magwood, Nov 16, 2014 IP
    funmom91 likes this.
  3. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not really sure what you are selling. Different products/services can incorporate different marketing strategies and use different channels to spread the word around. ;)

Rado_ch, Nov 16, 2014 IP
  4. funmom91

funmom91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am selling Sass N Frass, which is an online boutique that has various products for women and children.

funmom91, Nov 17, 2014 IP
  5. funmom91

funmom91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am running a giveaway on my site now and I am about to put up another review of one of the products that I just received from them. I also have someone hosting a Facebook party for me too. What is social bookmarking?

funmom91, Nov 18, 2014 IP
  6. jasmeencress

jasmeencress Member

Best Answers:
    join a community group, social club etc....

jasmeencress, Nov 25, 2014 IP
  7. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Victoria,

The thing is that most people on social media sites are not on the buying mode. Unlike people on Google for example, they search for certain things because they "want" it not because they accidentally see it.

My advice is instead of posting about the product, you should build a quick e-book and then direct them to the lead capture page of yours, and then build relationship and trust with them and then you can recommend them the product you are promoting. Yes, it will take time but the conversion rate will be dramatically different. I have personally tripled one of our client's conversion rate just by doing that.

Chad Eztraffic, Nov 25, 2014 IP
    funmom91 likes this.
  8. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    Not a good idea. If you have time and money ($15,000 minimum, because the niche is very competitive) to throw away on testing, I wouldn't go with PPC advertising. If you have had prior experience with PPC advertising, you'd know that data is everything and to gain data is like throwing things at the wall and see what sticks, and that costs a lot of money.

Chad Eztraffic, Nov 25, 2014 IP