1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Custom PHP Web Development Is Always A Hot Option For Business Development?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Satish Gupta, Nov 5, 2014.

Why PHP language mostly use in web development?

Satish Gupta, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  2. swhp

swhp Member

Best Answers:
    because PHP is still easy programming language and there is lot documentation about PHP

swhp, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Not to mention that it's available. You'll never struggle finding a hosting service offering php. It's versatile as well, and can be scaled to accommodate mostly any size site.

PoPSiCLe, Nov 5, 2014 IP
    deathshadow likes this.
  4. Emma S

Emma S Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    cos PHP is an open-source language which means that there are thousands of already built modules that can be modified to achieve the desired functionality. Also, PHP is easy to learn; you simply have to embed the code inside HTML. And if there was anything left, there are hundreds of PHP platforms available such as Joomla, WordPress, and Drupal that allow you to develop websites even more conveniently.

Emma S, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    THIS more than anything else is why it's my go-to for server side code despite my numerous complaints about it.

Shame though a LOT of hosts are still sleazing along with PHP 5.3 when it's been end-of-life for months, 5.4 is now two years old, and 5.6.1 just dropped a few weeks ago.

deathshadow, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  6. baldonius

baldonius Member

Best Answers:
    Because I can Google ANY problem with PHP and there will be an answer (StackOverflow etc.), because someone somewhere will also have encountered that problem.

baldonius, Nov 6, 2014 IP
    deathshadow likes this.
  7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @baldonius brings up a good point too -- and it's not just about search. PHP remains one of the best documented languages out there -- to the point it puts just about everything else of the past twenty years to shame. The documentation of PHP in many ways reminds me of the best of the best of the best paper documentations from the late '80's and early '90's; the various Borland languages...

Really, http://php.net/ just plain kicks ass compared to the official sites of other languages. I mean, have you seen the train wreck that is Ruby's attempt at documentation? Python? The documentation for those languages is so poorly written it's like they don't even want you to use them!

deathshadow, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  8. member8200

member8200 Member

Best Answers:
    Php is a pretty powerful programming language when it comes to web development. I think most web developers often use them because it's easy to use and you can find a lot of resources online. But of course, when it comes to programming, it's all about preferences. It doesn't matter what you use as long as you accomplish task with the tools you select for the job.

member8200, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  9. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That depends. If you also want the code you write to be possible to change/update/modify by others than yourself, it might be wise to use some sort of popular language. You CAN write a webpage in Haskell, although I don't really think that would be advisable.

PoPSiCLe, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  10. webshore88

webshore88 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, you can code procedural way or OOP way or mix both ways, PHP supports them all. That is beauty of PHP.

webshore88, Nov 15, 2014 IP