1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Advice: How to increase my visitors to 1 million page views in 6 month

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by fxlock, Nov 10, 2014.

i want to build a technology website and update with fresh content to increase my visitors to 1 million page views in 6 month and earn Stable $10000 - 20k per month from advertising + affiliate .

but due to my bad experience in the past and waste alot of money on SEO, advertising , design and choose wrong niche so i made loss... for start a new website i have serious questions below:

1- what niche is the most profitable ? .. i mean with which niche i can get traffic easier and faster and can sell affiliate and advertising ? technology or game or music or public news ? [ i will hire writers so there is no difference for me to choose which niche ]

2- i really want to know how top blogs can have stable traffic ? is update site with unique content enough ? i want to focuse in content writing instead of investing in SEO and PPC advertising.

really need your experience as this is my last chance to invest . How to increase my visitors to 1 million page views in 6 month, Really need your advice

fxlock, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  2. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure if you're a developer or not, but if you AREN'T, then the technology aspect is out of the window. I would capitalize on the games market. All kinds of opportunities exist here for affiliates and advertising.

Alot of top blogs do paid advertising, and alot of SEO. Plus they have tons of great guest bloggers who contribute also. But most of all... their content is outstanding and they have formed a real relationship with their blog subscribers.

Writing alone won't do it. You need to advertise in different places online if you want to reach 1 million views in 6 months.

Randall Magwood, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  3. fxlock

fxlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thank you for reply but i dont want to pay on advertising as i want to spend the amount on content writing.

i am not developer .. what if i make a website contain all niches ? like technology, games, business news and others ?

do anyone have experience ?

fxlock, Nov 11, 2014 IP
  4. fxlock

fxlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i also want to know i must invest in what at first step ?

fxlock, Nov 11, 2014 IP
  5. nameless7

nameless7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I suggest focusing on one niche and provide really unique content. Websites with multiple topics are highly competitive, so it's really defficult to survive on this market

nameless7, Nov 12, 2014 IP
  6. fxlock

fxlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the problem is how i find top writers to write unique topics .. i know some site like odesk has writers but i am not sure they can handle project .

i am ready to pay $15- 20$ per article if its unique and publish in top blogs like mashable or techcrunch but as i said how i found them is a problem

fxlock, Nov 12, 2014 IP
  7. nameless7

nameless7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are tons of places where you can find writers. For instance Freelancer, Odesk, Guru. Just prepare some test tasks for them to see if they can handle your project

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    nameless7, Nov 12, 2014 IP
  8. nanmal

nanmal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Randall had some very good points! In addition to what he has already said, there are sooo many CPA and affiliate sites that promote games both for websites and mobile apps. Check thru clickbank and you may well find some game sites to promote that already have a lot of content ready to set up without your having to pay a writer. Mobile game apps are very popular now so you might check out pulse mobile. If you're looking to make the kind of money you want, you are going to have to spend some money on advertising. It's my belief, and that of many other well known internet marketers that you have to spend money to make money, just watch how much you're spending.

nanmal, Nov 12, 2014 IP
  9. fxlock

fxlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you mean game site is better than technology site or a site contain all niche like mashable ?

fxlock, Nov 12, 2014 IP
  10. fxlock

fxlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dose anyone has real experience about getting traffic and earn money ?

fxlock, Nov 13, 2014 IP
  11. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well you should only focus on one niche. Like what the other DPers mentioned, you should focus on a niche and not try to spread your base wide to cover more grounds.

There is a plethora of ways to make money online (I'm an affiliate marketer). If you want to do the writing yourself, then maybe start with something you're passionate about.

Passion has to match the sustainability of the market. You need results to stay motivated, else your passion will die down if your aim is to make money online through it.

PM me if you want quality writers. I run a content creation business and I have a good tech writer.

Ethan Alvin, Nov 13, 2014 IP
  12. fxlock

fxlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    but if i focus on one niche i lost alot of traffic in other niches

fxlock, Nov 13, 2014 IP
  13. Ethan Alvin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's the same as saying "I'll talk to many girls in hope that they'll all be attracted to me." Don't be a jack of all trades because if your website is not targeted, you'll only scratch the surfaces of each niche. With thousands of other websites in the niche, yours would probably drown in the sea.

If you truly want to make money online, you want to be seen as an authority figure or expert in the field for people to follow you - which can only be done by being targeted.

E.g. Jon Loomer doesn't teach about all the various social media channels. He focuses only on Facebook and whenever people have issues with FB, they remember and go to him.

14. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try the dating niche. Can't go wrong there. And use social media to get traffic.

ceenote100, Nov 13, 2014 IP
    Naina S likes this.
  15. fxlock

fxlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    but once a visitor come to my site and find a lot of content stay in the site ..if i focus on one niche i will make a game site .

also i choose writers that have good personal site or fb fanpage or youtube channel with subscribers , so pm me if you have such that writers

fxlock, Nov 13, 2014 IP
  16. Ethan Alvin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Are there other reasons why you're looking for writers with such criteria?
    Obviously a writer with those assets are reputable & you'd probably have to pay a higher rate.

17. fxlock

fxlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes because that shows writers can attract visitors and write unique creative content... price is not subject here quality is important

fxlock, Nov 14, 2014 IP
  18. Investment Total

Investment Total Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This would be a lot of work, but if you are willing to do whatever it takes, then just do it. First, great content, make as many as article as you can, then SEO each post, try to manipulate social networking sites. And make your blog or website popular.

Investment Total, Nov 17, 2014 IP
  19. AMJAlienServers

AMJAlienServers Peon

Best Answers:
    This would cost you a lot of money, time and effort.
    Well first of all you will need a team for blogs content writers, forum posting, social media advertisers and SEO. Getting that traffic in just 6 months is not easy to achieve.

AMJAlienServers, Nov 17, 2014 IP
  20. Diana Wallace

Diana Wallace Member

Best Answers:
    I'll go with with tech like mobile reviews etc. You can have a lot of categories from there since it is a wide scope. You can have reviews on latest gadgets, trendy mobiles, best mobile apps. You can have a lot of content with it. You still have to workout with your social media. I use Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus for now in promoting website and the updated blog posts. I get a lot of engagement, most with the Google Plus.

Diana Wallace, Nov 25, 2014 IP