1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Internet Marketing

Discussion in 'General Business' started by SIK26, Oct 23, 2014.

I'm interested in learning about internet marketing, I have owned businesses in the past and want to do more with the internet in marketing and promoting my business. Any ideas on how to target your market and get the most bank for your buck?? I know that there are free ways as well I just don't know what the best avenues are. Help please!!

SIK26, Oct 23, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If you are serious about succeeding make sure you focus on a niche that you have a passion for.
    Look through the forum, all your questions have been asked and answered a million times.

sarahk, Oct 23, 2014 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you are an experienced, offline business owner, I can tell you what Internet Marketing is NOT. It is NOT an easy way to make money fast. It can be helpful, in the right situations, in growing your offline business because it can open a new channel to customers and prospects. But it can also be a big waste of time if your efforts are not focused and efficient. If I were you, I would look at the Internet from the perspective of enhancing an offline business with much testing and proving to be done to determine what IM approaches will or will not work.

Just like marketing in the offline world, you have to experiment and measure to see what is working today for your business in your market. Only you or possibly one of your competitors can come up with these specific answers, by the way.

jrbiz, Oct 24, 2014 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  4. ChrisKyle

ChrisKyle Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a new Internet Marketer and I would agree with both the above statements. If you want an online business to succeed you have to treat it like a REAL business. Just because its online doesn't mean its not a legitimate business. Fine a niche your passionate about, create a blog, find products in your niche to promote through that blog, and most importantly build a LIST. A list is a key asset in internet marketing. Without a list, who are you going to market your products to?

ChrisKyle, Oct 24, 2014 IP
  5. Barbara J

Barbara J Peon

Best Answers:
    Building a list is very lucrative, though this works best with some niches and not others.

A couple of offline businesses I know which are doing well with marketing their business online is through Facebook.

Barbara J, Oct 27, 2014 IP
  6. annaharris

annaharris Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are several ways to achieve it, simply type-in your query in Google and you will come across several blogs and articles that will help you in learning internet marketing.

annaharris, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  7. jasmeencress

jasmeencress Member

Best Answers:
    Also knw as SEO. Means to make a communication about a product or service a purpose of which is to encourage recipients of the communication to purchase or use the product or service.

jasmeencress, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    SEO and Internet Marketing are not the same thing.

sarahk, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  9. Diana Wallace

Diana Wallace Member

Best Answers:
    You need to be aware of the branches in order to be successful in getting more traffic and making more money online. This include: Branding, Content, Design, Search Engine Marketing, SEO, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing, Online Advertising and more.
    [​IMG]

Diana Wallace, Nov 10, 2014 IP
    matt_62, NetStar and jrbiz like this.
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent infographic. Thanks.

jrbiz, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  11. jasmeencress

jasmeencress Member

Best Answers:
    plz describe me also difference.

jasmeencress, Nov 11, 2014 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Stop being lazy and search the forum. This has been discussed over and over again. Search Google even, you'll find lots of quick blog posts and lengthy blog posts on the subject. No need to recreate the wheel here.

sarahk, Nov 11, 2014 IP
    jrbiz and sundaybrew like this.
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Or maybe look at the infographic that @Diana Wallace posted above. You might begin to understand that SEO is a subset of IM.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
    jrbiz, Nov 11, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  14. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    In your earlier post, you are posting the answer for someone else, yet you don't have a clue as to the answer.

Sometimes when you don't know the answer, it is better to just read. Asking questions is fine, just dont provide answers if you know nothing about the subject.

matt_62, Nov 11, 2014 IP
  15. gjivan

gjivan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe, with the rapid development of internet, most of the offline world will go online sooner or later. So, every entrepreneur should practice internet marketing to be in the game. So, learn on forums like this, sitepoint. For marketing and hone your entrepreneurial skills, follow sites like entrepreneur[dot]com. For Affiliate training and traffic generation, follow people like Vick Strizheus and Neil Patel from quicksprout[dot]com. Blogging is one integral part of IM so for professional blogging skills, follow Darren Rowse from problogger[dot]net and Pat Flynn from smartpassiveincome[dot]com. For SEO strategies follow moz[dot]com or seobook[dot]com.
    Bottomline is "investement in learning is the best investment of all". Keep learning, keep updating and most importantly you will succeed by failing. So, Take massive action of what you learn or else you will be trapped on "information overload zone". My best wishes!!

gjivan, Nov 11, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  16. niktar75

niktar75 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good idea for present and upcoming internet marketing. But we often feel uneasy when Google presents hundred search result where we often don't get exact one?

niktar75, Nov 14, 2014 IP
  17. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you looking to own go into internet marketing full time or do you want to learn how to use the internet to market your business and get the most out of your web presence. Either ways, learning is important. Take some time to learn before you decide what you really want to do. Learn to focus once the decision is made. and take action daily towards your goal, you will achieve it. Good luck

Anitasol, Nov 15, 2014 IP
  18. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The first thing you need to avoid is information overload. Internet marketing is so vast and broad. You have to find something that actually works and stick with it.

ceenote100, Nov 15, 2014 IP
  19. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The main stumbling block for many internet marketers who are starting out is this:
    They think it is EASY to earn money online. It requires time and dedication to make things happen.

Ethan Alvin, Nov 15, 2014 IP
  20. Mazurian

Mazurian Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I started one of my niche blogs 6 months ago. I focused on quality content first. I've got necessary knowledge to be an expert in my niche in just 2 weeks.
    During first 3 months 4-6 visits per day. I didn't give in and still wrote new quality posts every week. After 5 months my blog was visited by 150 visitors and in sixth month 250-300 visitors. Than I added affiliate links and started built emil list. I have 5-7 subscriptions per day at the moment. After 6 months my blog started earn good money and what is more important it's autopilot at the moment.

Mazurian, Nov 20, 2014 IP