1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review a brand new link checker

Discussion in 'Websites' started by MCV, Nov 3, 2014.

Hi everyone,

I’ve just released a brand new link checker where you can see the content of the linked pages. Can you please give it a try and give me any feedback on this? Any upfront feedback is very welcome: what you like, what you don’t like, if you understand or don’t understand how it works…

You can find it here: www.visuallinkchecker.com

It’s fully responsive and I’ve tested it successfully with an iPhone 5 but didn’t have a chance to test it with any other device so if you have a chance to try it with another mobile device please let me know what device it is.

Looking forward to reading from you!

MCV

MCV, Nov 3, 2014 IP
  2. FDIM

FDIM Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I think that idea is pretty good.
    Some things to consider:
    I see you are embedding each found link as an iframe. I would recommend you to exclude all external links, e.g. link to pinterest when I checked my site.
    Also one important note is that your solution with iframe wont work for sites denying that (the ones sending x-frame-options:deny header). You might need to use proxy to get around that.
    Other than that it might be useful for some people.

FDIM, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  3. toofast

toofast Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very interesting idea. I would suggest you to add a title and a meta description for your page, as well as create a sitemap.xml and submit it to google webmasters.

toofast, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  4. JMDomains

JMDomains Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's an interesting concept, but it's a bit overkill for my liking.

JMDomains, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  5. Emma S

Emma S Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like it!
    really goog concept and what important it's easy to use!

Emma S, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  6. kalseo

kalseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quite cool and I am surprised, how fast results were displayed.

I like the color scheme of the website, very clean design. Probably can work a bit on the logo to make it more memorable.

kalseo, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  7. MCV

MCV Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for your feedback!

I don't want to exclude external links as I want the tool to allow to check both internal and external links however for external links with x-frame-option those simply can't be loaded within an iframe that's right. I've implemented a solution which now displays an information message with a clickable button to open the link in a new window in this case.

Title and meta description have been added, what would be the benefit of creating a sitemap.xml (it's a small website and Google has already found it)?

MCV, Dec 1, 2014 IP