1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Advice Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by swaggerer, Nov 9, 2014.

I won't and don't reveal my sites or nothing like that. I just feel, after reading several threads, that some people may actually need 1 piece of really useful advice. Something a lot of people on webmaster forums like this and others seem to want to avoid. And it's helped make me successful.

You HAVE to spend money to make money...

That simple. You've heard it before but you think you can avoid it. And why not? There are plenty of success stories of people buying a domain, web hosting, and going for it... SEO and social media style.

But everyone seems to want quick success. The quick buck, so to speak. So my advice, if you want it to work and work tomorrow... sink money into it. When I finally broke down and decided to put some money into my efforts I knew I found the key I was missing.

I started off by pushing gay dating sites through 2nd tier ad networks with links from affiliate networks. I sunk $100 into my ads to test the waters and see what happens (testing is important be prepared to probably lose a few bucks). To my delight, those gay dudes were all over it. My $100 investment yielded a $200 return.

And heck... my 2nd piece of advice. You're not going to be an overnight, overweek, overmonth, success. Learn to consider it a WIN if you sink $50 into ads and get $55 back. THAT'S AWESOME! YOU MADE MONEY!

I hope this helps. And feel free to comment, ask questions, ect... and I encourage anyone else who has find some mild success to share their vague tips.

Advice 3: and I hate to say it... successful people do not reveal everything they know.

swaggerer, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  2. JMDomains

JMDomains Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have a very unique point of view.. if it works for you then great, but I wouldn't say one size fits all when it comes to the internet.

JMDomains, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  3. swaggerer

swaggerer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do concern. But I think the saying "spend money to make money" is somewhat universal. Yeah not one size fits all but putting actual money (more than web hosting and domain name) will greatly increase your odds. SEO is a hard game.

swaggerer, Nov 9, 2014 IP