1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

any1 making money running classifieds?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by goblingreen, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Robbie Bobbie

Robbie Bobbie Member

Best Answers:
    there are programs already built that can scrape and get information from other established sites via API calls. I did some reasearch awhile back. Search Hotscripts - for classifieds - Your biggest problem is going to be finding traffic and users. Once you get them, you don't want them to find an empty site. So, it's got to be filled up with real content.

Robbie Bobbie, Oct 3, 2014 IP
  2. chinesegirl07

chinesegirl07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for this insights and you nailed a point there. The site is still empty and we don't want to fill up the site with fake content.

chinesegirl07, Oct 3, 2014 IP
  3. harvinder kumar

harvinder kumar Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i want to know also that how to earn from classified website

harvinder kumar, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  4. Quikrinfo

Quikrinfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can body suggest I am just moved my classified website to specified niche(automotive classified which is still under construction) I am getting Monthly approx. 1k visitor per month.(Currently I am not doing seo ) Please suggest what i can do to earn revenue from website.
    Vahaninfo.com is that website.

thanks

Quikrinfo, Oct 10, 2014 IP
  5. SirWriteAlot

SirWriteAlot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    classified can be time consuming

SirWriteAlot, Oct 14, 2014 IP
  6. Googma

Googma Member

Best Answers:
    It is not an easy task to run an classifieds site. Because you have tremendous challenges and have to face traffic problem also if you do not have ideas. However, it is also nice ideas if you can work hard to find users and readers.

Googma, Oct 24, 2014 IP
  7. Jorge35

Jorge35 Member

Best Answers:
    You can make money using following link
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/conversations/craigslist-expert-here-to-help-you.24364621/

Jorge35, Nov 8, 2014 IP
  8. swaggerer

swaggerer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like his advice. But if I may add, don't reinvent the wheel. Too many people think they have to do that. Go niche, yeah, but don't think it has to be extraordinary. Set it up to do it's thing and then worry about getting traffic.

swaggerer, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  9. TheDuke2011

TheDuke2011 Member

Best Answers:
    The only legit classified that will give you quality or a large quantity of leads is Craigslist. It is one of the most visited websites on the internet which makes it a unique marketing tool. Although a lot of people abuse it by spamming the hell out of it, It still serves so much potential for certain niches such as retailers, car dealers, real estate agents, and service based businesses. I currently run a very successful business for small and large companies managing campaigns on Craigslist. There are a few select, maybe 10 companies that are difficult to find online due to posting services violating TOS of Craigslist. Although, I do not promote spam or anything that is not wanted on CL. I only work with legit businesses who want to increase leads.

If you are serious about seeing how crucial it is for a business to advertise on craigslist, contact me or visit my company website in signature. Add me on skype: ClassifiedWarrior, and I would be happy to assist you with more information.

TheDuke2011, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  10. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    For the most part; 99% of posting is free on CL.
    CL is making tons on the 1% that pay....
    Even those that pay such as uber spam....
    As you find uber spamming alot on CL....
    So non-paying spammers do not seem to
    matter much anymore to CL as they are
    making a fortune from paying customers.

People keep asking if they can make money on classifieds, and
    time and time again I see the same answer "no" which is on
    the first page of this thread; people do not read or even take
    head to the fact you cant make money these days, months, or
    even years. You already know the popular sites that are
    already years ahead of anything you decide now, but those people
    will still do what they want to do anyway. If you set something up,
    then consider it a hobby site; never expect you will make anything.

Even if you have coding, design, and marketing skills, you may
    have increased your chance of success by 5%....

Here is your next classifieds site:
    spamclassifieds(dot)com

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    dscurlock, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  11. TheDuke2011

TheDuke2011 Member

Best Answers:

What are you talking about? I am not even talking about paid ads on craigslist, I am speaking in terms of "Classified Posting Services".

And if you think that people aren't making money on Craigslist, then you are not knowledgeable about it at all. I have been posting for clients for the past 5 years and there would be no reason for them to come back if there wasn't money to be made on Craigslist. My clients don't just spend $1,000s of dollars a month on campaigns if they had no return on their investment. Good job though trying to act like you have experience or any knowledge of craigslist.

As far as spam goes, that is what is hurting Craigslist, but at a very small level because people still get on to find deals and services regardless. They just simply ignore the unintelligent postings that spammers trying to get away with.

So on that note, I would like to extend my service to anyone serious looking to increase leads for their business. It takes time to learn and adapt to the methods that are needed to post a more bulk campaign. I don't promote spams, scams or blackhat. Anything that isn't a legit business should not be on Craigslist in the first place. This is the reason they made it difficult in the first place to post, so we can all blame it on the spammers who think they can make a quick buck.

12. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    how sweet,
    you thought I was talking about you...? But you have done
    a good job in twisting my conversation thinking that I was
    talking about you. Never did I say CL advertisers do not make
    money; What I wrote was not about you, and if you are going
    to attack someone, please understand what you are reading first.

13. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    How are you guys even able to keep up with CL? I just read somewhere that it's becoming extremely hard for ad posting services to get their ads (their client ads) stick. I guess as CL is evolving so are ad posting services.

I don't think anyone will disagree that one can make a fortune on CL, if they know how. Good luck to you in your business!

qwikad.com, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  14. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    My argument had nothing to do anyone making a fortune on CL.
    CL is making a fortune from paid spammers such as uber....
    I guess CL could charge a min amount to run off spammers...
    but in the process, legit users may leave too, but anyways,
    the point of the thread is about setting up a successful classifieds
    site which I think is less likely these days without resources, and
    even then I just think it is somewhat fool hardy to even go there.
    If someone wanted to be part of the boom period, then they
    should have come along years ago; back then getting through
    google was easy, not so any longer; boom period is over...

If you have something that people need/want, then you can almost
    get away with having little/no SEO, however, classifieds is not it...

15. TheDuke2011

TheDuke2011 Member

Best Answers:
    Your just wrong though.. people will continue to use craigslist regardless of spam.. The traffic is just too good. There are two types of users, the viewers and the posters. Without posters, you have no viewers, and without viewers you have no posters. The posters don't care about spam because they know the average person browsing craigslist will pick and choose what they want to read and lets face it, a high percentage of the spam is done without any time put into it and very visible to the eye.

I know that the thread is about running your own classified, but i was talking about craigslist itself. I disregarded the OP because this thread was old and was discussing why Craigslist will never fail even if they don't monitor the spam as tight as they should. As long as the viewers are there, Craigslist will be king of the classifieds. It was at one time top 8 viewed website on the internet.

16. TheDuke2011

TheDuke2011 Member

Best Answers:
    And if we are talking about starting your own classifieds, it is very possible to do so, but would take lots of work to figure out a solution for spam, but most likely there is really nothing you can do because there will be a way around it with the tools most people can get a hold of. Starting a classified is only going to benefit you if it is based around a small community and you continue to build off that, making sure the value and content stays good in previous communities before you move onto a new one.

That is actually how a lot of companies such as classifieds and directories start.

17. ThisRocks

ThisRocks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have been running successfully a few niche script directories, using this classifieds script
    clone PHP
    Clone Web script
    clone load
    Its all about exploring a niche you like.
    However I do know people making over 5k a month from general classifieds site, but even then the specialize as well..

ThisRocks, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  18. MichaelaAsylum

MichaelaAsylum Peon

Best Answers:
    A good niche classified site can work quite well, especially if paired with a good blog network on blogspot, wordpress, and other large free blog platforms. Depending on the niche, the adsense and/or banner ads could be good.

MichaelaAsylum, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  19. Necomanis

Necomanis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you would need to find a very specific niche, then create a very good-looking and systematic website, then you would need to invest pretty much in advertising and to get your site seen and used. It is hard to compete with the already huge classified sites like craigslist. If you decide to give it a try, you should find a way to fill up your site with classified ads. Because noone wants to post an ad on an empty site with no activity... You can probably do this by finding a gig on fiverr, or posting a project on freelancer or elance.

Necomanis, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  20. LokList

LokList Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We run free classifieds www.LokList.com and we are not making any money

LokList, Feb 17, 2015 IP