1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Protect against hackers

Discussion in 'Programming' started by noyon100, Nov 8, 2014.

I have one more web site (WP). Which have searching result is good in google and have visitor. Now I want protect against hackers. Please give me tips or If any one know.

noyon100, Nov 8, 2014 IP
  2. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keep your site updated and don't install plugins that are not trusted. By that I mean you should try to use plugins that have a large number of users using it with regular updates. Also make sure to not use the default username "admin" and make a complex password.

Anveto, Nov 8, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. swaggerer

swaggerer Active Member

Best Answers:
    He's basically got it covered. If I may add, avoid TimThumb-based themes/plugins too. I don't care if they keep updating it, it's always going to be a security risk.

And never leave themes plugins you aren't using just hanging around. If you aren't using it then DELETE IT.

Check Sucuri, too, if you really want some security but it's not a free service.

swaggerer, Nov 9, 2014 IP
    ThePHPMaster likes this.
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    My advice? Get rid of turdpress; like most off the shelf solutions it's code rot and generally speaking "insecure by design" - popular does NOT mean it's actually any good.. sadly TP is worse than most since it does all sorts of idiotic bull like multiple entry vectors, leaving the database connection in global scope, failing to sanitize/prevent direct calls to libs, and (this is just mind-numbingly stupid) putting the database connection info into DEFINE so it's not just global, it's undeletable. Herpafreakingderp!

"Security, what's that?!?"

deathshadow, Nov 9, 2014 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  5. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Not to mention the fact you have to add extra "security plugins" in an attempt to make the pile of shite secure.....mind boggling.

malky66, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  6. swaggerer

swaggerer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't entirely pay attention to these naysayers. Any software is going to have it's vulnerabilities. Some more than others. Why not go with a popular software with a super active community and do what's necessary to minimize threats? You'll never 100% be threat free if your website is public no matter what you're running.

swaggerer, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  7. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most "security" (obscurity) plugins will make your site less secure.

Anveto, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  8. microsarme6943

microsarme6943 Member

Best Answers:
    it is imposible to make sure your 100% safe
    and there is no Site wich is 100% secure there are Exploits for everything
    i will Suggest you first of all :
    You said you r using wp and that means yOU Have web panel known by al hackers wich is wp-admin
    so i suggest you to use htaccess in this directory to prevent hackers from entering their
    and then the htpass file u need to make it unwritable unless u r root
    i will also suggest you to use dedicated ip,coz in shared ip u can be hacked easily even if ur site is not vulnble
    coz the hacker can use the symlink function to get your config file and loginto ur database and then hack ur site easily using ur credential
    also make sure that all ur plugins r updated and verfiy if the plugins is vulnb i mean use hackers site to see if one of ur plugoins is vuln exmple
    " kstate plugin wordpress exploit" in google and u will see exploits for this plugin,
    make sure that ur host and domain name registrar email are secure and use phone verification in ur host and domain registrar or at least secret question
    and dnt even use same password in other sites
    there r lot morre tricks this is just basics
    Good Luck

microsarme6943, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  9. Dz4Sec

Dz4Sec Member

Best Answers:
    i Can Do That For You :D

Dz4Sec, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  10. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, although I didn't think it was possible to make wordpress less secure than it already is:)

malky66, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  11. Emma S

Emma S Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Keep software up to date
    Be careful with how much information you give away in your error messages. For example if you have a login form on your website you should think about the language you use to communicate failure when attempting logins
    Passwords should always be stored as encrypted values, preferably using a one way hashing algorithm such as SHA. Using this method means when you are authenticating users you are only ever comparing encrypted values. For extra website security it is a good idea to salt the passwords, using a new salt per password.

Emma S, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  12. Mattingley

Mattingley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    http://codecanyon.net/item/hide-my-wp-no-one-can-know-you-use-wordpress/4177158
    Check that plugin out, its exactly what your looking for.

Mattingley, Nov 10, 2014 IP