1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much should I sell domain/site for? help

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by belle05, Nov 2, 2014.

Hi,

Hoping someone can tell me how much they think I should sell a domain/site for.
    Its a wordpress site, year old, medium traffic with high conversion as its natural traffic, ranks #1 in google for most search terms.
    This website has made a legit, proveable $39,000 (just over that) this year.

Someone has made me an generous offer for the site but I am not sure if its a good price or still could get higher.

How much would a domain/site pulling in that revenue would sell for?

belle05, Nov 2, 2014 IP
  2. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    With a website, earning is not the only thing that is looked at. IF your site has big hosting costs, and or in order to earn that $39k, had some large marketing expenses, then you need to look at the total PROFIT at the end of the year.

6months - 12months worth of profit is realistic. Some people go nuts and pay waaay more. One suggestion would be to put the site up on flippa, with all the income proofs, traffic stats, and everything else, and see if you can find the right buyer. But heres the thing, why sell? $39k per year? depending on how much work is involved, keep it!

matt_62, Nov 2, 2014 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  3. belle05

belle05 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yeah thanks that's some good info. well I have it on a dedicated server myself which costs 200 a month but that also hosts 20 other sites. all the traffic is organic from manual backlinks, I never pay for advertising my only cost is the hosting, but I only have hosting that costs that much because I host so many sites. selling because I run a lot of sites, building more and can't maintain them all, but thankyou for the info that really helps

belle05, Nov 2, 2014 IP
  4. tristanperry

tristanperry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly, congrats on having such a successful website.

Secondly, Matt's correct that 6-12 months profit is typical for a successful website (in my experience, 10-12 months is most common). However some factors do alter this - if it's a seasonal website (e.g. a Christmas site) then it might get less than an 'evergreen' site. Also if it's been around for a year, it won't have as much of a track record as some other websites which might hamper the value a little bit.

Overall though, I have seen some sites go for up to 24 months profit, so it really depends on finding the right buyer. Flippa is definitely worth a shot.

tristanperry, Nov 2, 2014 IP
  5. Laurent Vimont

Laurent Vimont Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on how much traffic you get and the asking price for website similar to yours regarding the content and niche.

Laurent Vimont, Nov 7, 2014 IP