1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone else experiencing low CPC?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Darth Vader, Nov 6, 2014.

My Adsense CPC has dropped by .05 so far this month, anyone seeing a drop? Maybe its a seasonal thing and it will pick up later this month with holidays coming.

Darth Vader, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  2. Mido

Mido Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my ctr and rpm has dropped to the half for the past 3 days and i don't know the reason !

Mido, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  3. hkmeetup

hkmeetup Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense CPC tends to fluctuate. I would not be too worried about it. It depends on so many factors. You could do a monthly average to see if you have had any significant decrease in CPC.

hkmeetup, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  4. hkmeetup

hkmeetup Member

Best Answers:
    It could be a result of irrelevant ads being displayed on the website or perhaps a lot of flash ads. You may want to block such ads. Details on how to do it is mentioned here - https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/180609?hl=en .. To improve CTR, you could also experiment with turning off certain ad types. You will get the spit up of CTR's on your performance section of adsense. You could turn off ad types they aren't performing well. I would recommend using RPM as a factor when making the decision.

hkmeetup, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  5. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Peon

Best Answers:
    You think all flash ads should be blocked in case the user does not have Flash installed? I use the responsive ads so if the user is on Mobile Device they are probably not getting any flash ads shown.

***Also I notice that my CPC starts off great at the beginning of the day, but by late afternoon it starts to drop. Then by midnight that night it is at its rather low level overall. So my CPC just continues to drop all day long, everyday***

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    Darth Vader, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  6. hkmeetup

hkmeetup Member

Best Answers:
    I mentioned flash ads because they tend to have a low CTR. Using responsive ads is a good option. You could see which ad units work best for you from performance reports. The drop you noticed could be a result of top paying ads budget getting exhausted after beginning of the new day. They have probably set a daily budget.

hkmeetup, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  7. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks I will check on the flash ads to see if they are an issue. What I think might have been a problem was those stupid political Adsense ads that people made who were running for office, local offices like City Council. They were displaying on Adsense based on your region, I bet they didn't pay much. I don't know how I could have blocked those though, since they displayed based on where you lived.

Darth Vader, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  8. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nop, not experiencing any drops (even a small improvement).

quiz, Nov 19, 2014 IP
  9. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Peon

Best Answers:
    My CPC is def back on track and has been for a week. Gotta love the Holiday traffic and that advertisers pay more this time of year. Hope it never drops down to as low as it was in Sept and Oct again, cuz those months were unusually low months for me.

Darth Vader, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  10. dervaish

dervaish Member

Best Answers:
    CPC is usually depend on advertiser means google adwords.

dervaish, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  11. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    CPC was down for me during the first half of the month. It has been quite high from the 17th onwards.

peepin2me, Nov 29, 2014 IP