1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword rich dropped domain: Good or bad??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mike_sun, Nov 2, 2014.

Hi All,
    I want to register a domain to start affiliate program.
    While on research, I found few keyword rich domains that are actually aged and dropped.
    These dropped domain has exact search for 1-2k per month.
    I want to know will it be good to register such domain to receive traffic with the keyword.

e.g.
    pokerbetting.com(just an example) has registered on 2006 but deleted and available again.
    Will this be any good to register such domain and will this receive good amount of traffic in Seacrh Engine?
    Please let me know your thoughts!
    Thanks!

mike_sun, Nov 2, 2014 IP
  2. puredigits

puredigits Active Member

Best Answers:
    @mike_sun -
    Dropped domains are technically blacklisted domains for Google, Keeping the EMD update in mind i feel that buying a dropped domain (containing search intent keywords) and immediately changing the owning's like name, address, technical and admin contacts, etc., can pretty much count on getting busted OR will take significant amount of time/effort to get listed in Google again.
    However,buying a search intent keyword rich dropped domain and publishing sharable content and getting social media votes can work wonder..
    FYI - http://www.businessinsider.com/keyword-rich-domain-names-are-about-to-be-targeted-by-googles-algorithm-2011-3?IR=T
    Hope this help !

puredigits, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  3. mike_sun

mike_sun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is very much of help mate!
    Looking forward to see some more answers.

mike_sun, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  4. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Having a keyword rich domain name will also provide you with SEO advantage. It will help your website to rank better and get good amount of traffic through the search engines. If you are not able to get hold of a keyword rick domain name, get hold of an impressive domain name that is related to your niche.

MilesWeb, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  5. puredigits

puredigits Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is the case of buying keyword rich but DROPPED DOMAIN.

puredigits, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  6. mike_sun

mike_sun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They say dropped domain has 80% of SEO advantage over the non-dropped keyword rich domains.
    I'm still confused with the thought a 14,000 per month searches volume keyword has no SEO advantage just because it is dropped.
    Quite a greek to me!

mike_sun, Nov 5, 2014 IP