1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Personal Review and Opinion on Media.Net

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by Syfonix, Jul 12, 2013.

Ok, I applied for Media.net for 2 of my relatively new blogs. 2 months old and 3 weeks old. The 2 months old was accepted but not for the 3 weeks.

Let's about the requirement first:
    Apparently, Media.net is looking for quality sites. My 2 months old blog have a professional layout and content being publish daily. It has only 3-4k monthly visits.
    So don't be shy to try if you have a 2-3 months blog with a good design and constant and quality content.

Now the RPM. You start with a 2.0 RPM. It will depend heavily on the quality of your traffic and niches. Law, Medical etc could get 5 to 7! what goes around comes around. Because, Law and Medical related blogs usually have lower visitors as compared to Entertainment.

My blog theme info:
    Niche: Entertainment
    Traffic: 50% USA and the other half is a mix of Canada, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia etc

Every approved account will be assigned with a special account manager. You can contact him for help. He can even CUSTOMIZE a special ad size for you and offer you advice on ad placement etc

Ok now. I am not being racist. I am saying this AGAIN. I am NOT racist but it is a fact that majority of account holder getting banned or restricted on the RPM are apparently from India. Media.net is fast to weed out scammer. Because each and every personal account manager MONITOR sites they handle extensively. So, think twice before you attempt foul play.

While I was searching for more info on Media.net before I applied for my account, I see many India account holder saying they have 98% USA traffic but his account is getting banned, that guy was dumb enough to include his URL. I did Alexa traffic analysis on his site and as reported by Alexa, the site traffic is 61% India, 25% Nigeria and the remaining are a mixed.

I used to sell a couple of new sites on Flippa for some dough. But I have stopped doing so. People from India are killing the place with all FAKE reports. There was this India seller posting FAKE awstats report saying the sites have 110K traffic from USA and the top three traffic sources are USA, Canada and France. I did Alexa analysis and some other analysis on the site.. I discovered 70% traffic from India. That was insane and Flippa is doing nothing about it. That is 100% FRAUD I call it.

HOWEVER, not all India users are like that. I see MANY hardworking people from India making a good living at oDesk, Flippa and adsense. But there are more bad apples than good ones.

I have no problem with Indians or people from India. I do hire some good India people at oDesk. But those people trying to make quick and easy bucks by using con and scam are HORRIBLE. They should be banned from using the internet. People from poverty countries are just trying to scam the hell out of people hard earn money.

If you do extensive search on the internet, those good IT related blogs owner from India have absolutely no problem with advertisers not even with adsense. They make $500-800 and the really good ones are making a couple thousands monthly.

Come on, lets put some LOGIC in place. Quality publishers are the bread and butter of advertising companies. It is just dumb to listen to people saying they have more than 80% USA visitors and their account get ban or RPM reset to 0.
    IF this really happens. Ask yourself DID you click on your own ads or ask your friends with the IP address in your area to click on your ads.

*** NOTE:
    One last thing is. Media.net seems shady in certain way.. that is they only show ESTIMATED REVENUE. I.E: You have 500 impressions at 2.0 RPM on a particular day, they would show an ESTIMATE Revenue of $1. Which also means you could get MORE if there are clicks.. but you could also get $0 if there are no clicks.

My Conclusion:
    As long as you are Honest and have a high quality website. Media.net is the 2nd choice for Adsense. As much as Media.net being shady, I am still making good profit, 5x higher than infolinks and Chitika

Oops I forgot to include turn around time for application. Mine took 3-4 working days.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    Syfonix, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  2. Pakiisp

Pakiisp Active Member

Best Answers:
    Opps, I'm unable to LIKE this post but really you have shared an interesting post about Media.net network.

Thanks!

Pakiisp, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  3. mujju93

mujju93 Member

Best Answers:
    Dude, i have 19% traffic and 25% according to analytics from US, 5% from Canada, still my RPM was $0. I have also added screen shot of my Alexa stats and my daily views are about 1000 uniques that too from search. Moreover, no reply from their support center Untitled.jpg

mujju93, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  4. rangan

rangan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is this a review of media.net or Indian freelancers? I was conned to read this post.

rangan, Mar 31, 2014 IP
  5. situnrocks

situnrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I will add some more points as its been old :

1. Best dedicated support from account manager
    2. Paypal and Bank , other payment options
    3. I can make $5-10/day from 5000 impressions with shopping niche and only 10-15% USA traffic and 75% Indian.
    I will add more as soon I get some points to share.

situnrocks, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  6. CoLT99

CoLT99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice post I think most people should test a few ad networks over the course of a few months to see what works for them, adsense in my opinion is the best if you have high traffic website with a community then you can make a killing look at digitalpoint for example millions earned in adsense revenue.

CoLT99, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  7. softcorner

softcorner Member

Best Answers:
    Media.net is big scam

softcorner, Oct 29, 2014 IP
  8. situnrocks

situnrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm getting regular payments from them in time. They are not spam.

situnrocks, Nov 1, 2014 IP
  9. softcorner

softcorner Member

Best Answers:
    Of course they are not scamming everyone but they do with many users. By the way, Spam and scam are different @situnrocks

softcorner, Nov 1, 2014 IP
  10. GavinP

GavinP Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm trying out a few of their contextual text unit's now. They seem good. Generating a few clicks...

Account managers are very helpful, reply quickly etc... Can't complain at the moment.

I notice on their website's home page (which has just been redesigned I think) they are now offering display ad's as well as video ad's in conjunction with the traditional Yahoo "text" ad units?

http://www.media.net

Looks exciting. Moving into display and video really will make the Yahoo/Bing ad network an alternative to AdSense, IMO.

Only thing I would really like to see is for Publishers to be able to find out how many clicks they are getting. I do think that information should be passed on. But otherwise, so far so good as a nice back up to my other revenue streams and were they to offer me display/video ads I may well consider using them as my primary revenue source...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    GavinP, Nov 3, 2014 IP
  11. situnrocks

situnrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^^ But I cant see any video/banner adv options in ad units.

situnrocks, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  12. GavinP

GavinP Active Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps display/video ad's are in BETA and you have to contact your account manager?

GavinP, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  13. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    It is a good thing you shared this. I think it is true how some Indians are working on scam BUT then again there are really good people there. I guess it all boils down to who is doing it right and honestly.dd

usemyteam, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  14. CoLT99

CoLT99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Alex stats are not accurate and alexa can only pull data based on users that actually have the alexa toolbar extension on their browser such as the alexa extension for chrome. Alexa can give you an overall look of a sites traffic and main countries but it certainly is not accurate and can easily be faked or manipulated.

If an ad network bans you the thing you need to do is email them and talk with them. If you can call them or get them on skype then even better but do not loose your head over this, if they ban you and that is that then move on there are allot of good paying networks.

I personally use DFP from Google as they pay better than just having adsense ads, but I also use www.adsoid.com which is undergoing an update now but they are the ones that work best for me.

CoLT99, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  15. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Show us the proof, if you are getting paid.

blogdum, Nov 19, 2014 IP
  16. Bikas Gurung

Bikas Gurung Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I made $173.63 with media.net on my blog within 10 days. At first I signed up different email thinking to test that network but later when my earning started raising I asked account manager to change email (because my email got expired with my old domain) but they weren't responding me. Then, I was outing for one day. After returning to home, I was unable login my account from old email and new email (I asked to set account email)

My weakness is that I had some proxy traffic and also placed ads on personal seo friendly url shortener (into sub dictionary of media.net approved domain) but finally they banned me. My income were increasing $10, $30, $50 like this. Finally they took my overnight earning. So, never use media.net, it is completely scam.

Bikas Gurung, Mar 13, 2017 IP