1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content Age Manipulation/Cheat on Google

Discussion in 'Google' started by pyro1423, Nov 2, 2014.

I have seen a few big sites cheat on Google, I use the word cheat because it seems unethical to me what is being done, maybe I just don't know about it but i have searched up on this content age manipulation and I can't find much, maybe i am just looking in the wrong place?

Anyway, I'm the kind of person who writes a lot of articles and I like to see how well they do in the SERPs, now I posted a thread here on Digitalpoint about 2 hours ago and on another site around 6 hours ago yet the other site has no listing yet in Google but my thread here was indexed near enough instantly but with 1 slight issue, it says my thread was created 22 hours ago and not the actual 2 hours ago like it was here on Digitalpoint.

Does lying to Google and saying the content on your site is older than it is help you in rankings? I assume yes because you're claiming to Google that it was published on your site first bearing in mind the content did not exist 22 hours ago. Does fooling Google into thinking your content is older help your site? Is it easy to getaway with? Does Google actually allow this? Would Google penalize a site for this type of behaviour?

I'm going to search for this thread in Google in about 1 hour for the keywords of "content age manipulation cheat Google" and I'm very sure that this thread will come up first and not only that, it would have been created 21 hours ago according to Google.

Just wondering whether anyone with more than a few brain cells like me can answer my questions please.

pyro1423, Nov 2, 2014 IP
  2. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems like you are underestimating Google and I think it was not overlooked and these websites will be penalize sooner or later. Google is continuously improving its metrics to be able to provide the best results for the user and combat these websites that are dominating the rankings which involves in web spamming and link schemes.

KylieSweet, Nov 3, 2014 IP
  3. pyro1423

pyro1423 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If sites as big as Digitalpoint employ these tactics and are getting away with it does it not suggest that this could be a loophole? Sites like Digitalpoint are authority sites and Google must place some trust in them as the search results are clearly being manipulated in this way and it is working to their advantage.

pyro1423, Nov 4, 2014 IP