1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice Wanted on Rebranding two old business websites

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by davidtrounce, Nov 3, 2014.

I own two sites, one a formally successful e-commerce, the other its associated blog which also made good money back in the day when adsense was worth it.

Both are PR3 with a good reputation and are currently sitting there idle.

I would like to know how I can turn these sites to start making money. What could they become?

I would welcome any suggestions - except e-commerce - our lifestyles are too busy these days.

It seems a shame to have them sitting there doing nothing.

The sites are

www.gamesfromeverywhere.com
    www.gamesfromeverywhere.com.au

Ignore the appearance of the blog - I am in the middle of upgrading the theme.

Regards,

David Trounce

davidtrounce, Nov 3, 2014 IP
  2. inkBlogger[Dot]Com

inkBlogger[Dot]Com Member

Best Answers:
    Affiliated marketing is the best choice in my opinion .. Promote gaming console and games in your websites.. Get commissions .. But you have to concentrate on quality content making which is also up to date ...

inkBlogger[Dot]Com, Nov 3, 2014 IP
    davidtrounce likes this.
  3. davidtrounce

davidtrounce Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks Ink. Yep, Almost certain Affiliate marketing is my best option. I need a model that is low maintenance. And yes, I hear ya. Quality content.

4. inkBlogger[Dot]Com

Best Answers:
    What you meant by low maintenance?

5. davidtrounce

davidtrounce Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I mean that I don't want to have to be writing articles every day, uploading products every day.

6. inkBlogger[Dot]Com

Best Answers:
    Hence your topic is related to games i don't think you have update regularly unless you have very less content in you website. But to establish the website you have to update once a new game released or a new version of the game released. Article related to games can attract traffic for long time compare to other topics like movies and books... In one of my blog my major traffic is from an article related to Assassin's creed black flag.. The article is old but getting good traffic. But hence a new version of the game releasing and the keyword is present in my Blog i had to publish a new article to satisfy the visitors. But a long time gap is there between two articles ;)

7. Otto Baynes

Otto Baynes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Definitely pare down and focus on one area. The blog trying to cover general electronic gaming plus toys is competing with sites like Kotaku that have way more budget and manpower and can break stories on these things, it seems like too much time and money investment to bother.

From the other site it seems you have the most content and knowledge on board games - maybe focus the blog solely on that and affiliate market? New board game releases also seem like a way less demanding schedule than video games, with video games you'd have to update nearly every day (if not every day) to stay relevant.

Otto Baynes, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  8. kalseo

kalseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure mate, by my opinion, you shouldn't limit websites to one source of income. Adsense + affiliate program and probably membership features, might be the best scenario.

kalseo, Nov 10, 2014 IP