1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Google treat site and blog seo in the same way?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by gyahoo, Oct 28, 2014.

Hello,

Does the Google treat a HTML Website Seo and a Wordpress blog seo in the same way if done properly?
    I mean are there any difference in they way Google treats different CMS, etc?

Regards

gyahoo, Oct 28, 2014 IP
  2. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was asking the same question a lot of times. You could look up videos and articles by Matt Cutts, perhaps you can find something.

From experience, I can tell you the following:
    -CMS systems tend to slow down the site, so I prefer to code it by myself (although it may sound frustrating and complicated, but because Google considers site loading time as a ranking factor, I am not using CMS systems)
    -sometimes the CMS system is full of too much code - a lot of CSS and JS generally (when I look at the source code of some simple blogs I freak out - it could have been done so much easier by hand) - and Google explicitly tells us and encourages us to separate content from code

I don't know whether Google frowns upon CMS. Anyway, the content and the connections (links), the metrics should be primary. I think.

Still, Google could assume "anyone can just put together a Wordpress site", it's easy, fast. And, as a matter a fact, everyone knows, many of the spam and content farming sites are actually built on top of the Wordpress system.

Bottom line is: I am not using a CMS system, but coding the site by mystelf.
    This way, I doubt there would be anything "not to like" about the sites that I make.

Mr.Dog, Oct 29, 2014 IP
    gyahoo likes this.
  3. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What I have seen the last few months is that Google like blogs that are running on Wordpress (not weird since it's easy to setup proper on-page SEO). But I still think that coding the website yourself can make it smaller/faster which will benefit in the long run.

I think Google treats both type of websites equally but it has become easier for non-coders to do proper on-page SEO which closes the gap a bit.

quiz, Oct 30, 2014 IP
    gyahoo likes this.
  4. knowledgeherald

knowledgeherald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not much difference. In fact in WordPress you get more better and fast option of SEO than on HTML site. So it will save your time and also you the SEO part is not avoided in it anytime due to crisis of time or laziness.

knowledgeherald, Nov 2, 2014 IP
  5. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am in favour of manual coding pages. It's harder to insert new content, because you have to write by hand and place it into the code... unless you're using some sort of a database software.

Wordpress accounts get hacked quite often. I gave up using those, I feel more comfy with hand-coded sites.

Mr.Dog, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  6. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    Hand coded sites are good for long-term use. Still many really go with WordPress.

usemyteam, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  7. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think that Google treat any website or blog in different way. It is choice of right keywords, meta tags descriptions, marketing startegy and content of website that matter most.

King-Servers, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  8. steveb

steveb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google does not have preference of which CMS you use. It's all about how you set up your on-site SEO. URLs, content, meta tags, alt tags, headings, etc..

steveb, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  9. Frost1

Frost1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If done properly, yes.
    You don't really need meta tags but they're okay I guess.

Frost1, Nov 8, 2014 IP
  10. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with you. For example if ONLY wordpress is the best for SEO, why there are millions subdomains on blogspot for example? :)

patco, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  11. Mattingley

Mattingley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Of course they do! One example would be, a static HTML website doesn't have an RSS feed, while a Wordpress blog would have an RSS feed, unless you were to disable it. Blogs, typically are updated with fresh content (New blog posts) so therefore, Google is more likely to revisit an active WP blog more often, than a static HTML website which is not being updated. I'm not saying that Google is going to rank WP blogs higher than static websites, just because they are using Wordpress, but they do treat different types of websites, differently.
    Because blogspot/blogger is a free blogging service offered by Google, that's why they are millions of blogs.
    Wordpress is much better than Blogspot/Blogger in terms of SEO

Mattingley, Nov 9, 2014 IP