1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Recover From Penguin 3.0 ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jobsbywork, Oct 23, 2014.

Guys is there any one who know how to recover from Penguin 3.0 Google update..Please put your views.

Solved! View solution.
    jobsbywork, Oct 23, 2014 IP
  2. SEOsince99

SEOsince99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I just posted this in another thread. I can give advice based on my experience if you have specific questions.

Glad to see that DP members weren't hit hard. As I said in another thread my sites already bringing back $xxx/day after the penguin refresh.

I was hit hard by the penguin update in October 2013, I mean really hard. Rankings that brought thousands of visitors down to nothing overnight. Most people on the forums told me throw the domain away and start over. A site that I had spent so much money on getting to the top spots.and not to forget all of the offline marketing for the website.

Against everyones advice at the time I decided to move forward with link removals and fixing what could be fixed. I figured if Google penalized my site from links than surely it could recover at some point. I mean why would Google leave my sites rankings down forever.

I used a service called linkdelete.com to help me with it. My business was already going down the toilet and I couldn't spend time on link removals and dealing with this process.

It was a long journey but my rankings are now regained and money is coming in again. It's gonna be a good christmas for my kids! Stay determined everyone and you can see the problem being fixed as well.

SEOsince99, Oct 23, 2014 IP
  3. jobsbywork

jobsbywork Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey brother apart from linkdelete.com what other strategies u followed..

jobsbywork, Oct 27, 2014 IP
  4. AndrewSpark

AndrewSpark Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Penguin 3.0 targets spammy websites and I suggest that you remove poor backlinks of your site and start building high quality backlinks. Then wait for the next update or refresh from Google and see if your site has any improvement.

AndrewSpark, Oct 27, 2014 IP
  5. jobsbywork

jobsbywork Active Member

Best Answers:
    And what about extract anchors backlinks and branded backlinks .. which one to follow ?

Hi!

Google is getting worst!
    I am doing SEO since 2009 but from a long time I was busy with my books so I hired someone to do SEO for one of my site! and that guy did his good but failed to do perfect!. My site hit by last Google update...

and droped to #73 from #9. I figured it out by using Majestic SEO CF/TF and SEO Spyglass Penalty risk indicator!

Disavowed all links with low PA/DA, Low CF/TF and all links having 30%+ penalty risk in SEO Spy glass.
    And today I found that my site is coming back! :)

[​IMG]

Tips:
    Find all low quality spammy links!
    Contact Webmaster to remove those links
    Wait for response (not more than a week)
    Disavow the remaining links
    Wait some days

ßläçk Péárl, Oct 27, 2014 IP
  7. jobsbywork

jobsbywork Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of congratulation for site that its coming back and thanks a ton short and sweet explanations ..

8. FranksToys

FranksToys Member

Best Answers:
    It all boils down to removing spammy links. That's the only way to recover rankings from penguin issues. Sorry to say.

FranksToys, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  9. Diana Wallace

Diana Wallace Member

Best Answers:
    Penguin's intention is to cut down spam to improve search results. Because of this links that don't appear natural are eliminated and penalize. Today's algorithm has grown more sophisticated like how 1.0 transitioned to 2.0. Google announced that this is not a major update. If you got hit then it's time to remove all those bad links. Good luck!

Diana Wallace, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  10. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Removing all bad links is a good thing to do first! Don't forget that you can go with some new fresh backlinks. First write one LONG article (preferably 700-800 words!). Then submit to Social Bookmarking sites and try to get some good and HIGH Authority backlinks. If this does not help, just wait to see if this is just temporary! ;)

patco, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  11. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Aside from using disavow tool, finding low quality links and reaching webmasters are making a tough job because of the manual implementation. For the response from them I think it will take weeks or even months due to other priorities that must be work out.

KylieSweet, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  12. Ludhiana SEO

Ludhiana SEO Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Simply just diavow all the backlinks from webmaster.

Ludhiana SEO, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  13. Eliza Anderson

Eliza Anderson Member

Best Answers:
    Disavowing unnatural backlinks from Google webmaster tool is one of the fastest and most useful ways of recovering from a penguin update. You should create high-quality links with high domain authority websites. Don't target short tail keywords, and try to work on long tail ones.

Eliza Anderson, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  14. mindlesswizard

mindlesswizard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try https://linkpatrolwp.com/

mindlesswizard, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  15. TDI-MAD

TDI-MAD Active Member

Best Answers:
    Delete most of your spammy and unnatural link, update your site to get benefit from this update.

TDI-MAD, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  16. ßläçk Péárl

ßläçk Péárl Member

Best Answers:
    1. @patco Social Bookmarking will never make it! The best way to stay on top is PBN. Get some paid links from PBN if you can't afford your own
    2. @KylieSweet Truly saying I have never contacted any webmaster to remove links! I simply audit my link find toxic one create a disavow file and upload. Since OCT 18. I have recover 9 sites and they are ranked better than before! You just start with a solid plan
    3. @Eliza Anderson. You are bit right they only thing I don't like is long tail! Focus on branding and try to build links for deep pages with their titles.

ßläçk Péárl, Nov 15, 2014 IP