1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Russian Car Crashes...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by qwikad.com, Oct 24, 2014.

Will be posting car crashes from Russia from time to time here. Don't drink and drive. Don't be reckless. You have but one life to live. Not associated with the videos whatsoever, but do watch them often.

----------------------------------

qwikad.com, Oct 24, 2014 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Some great clips. You know, if there was no soundtrack, you could have told me that these were shot in the U.S. (especially the night time ones.) Bad driving seems to be the same all over the world. I have driven in Boston my whole adult life and people say that they are some of the worst drivers in the world. They are indeed bad, but Rhode Island drivers are considerably worse.

jrbiz, Oct 24, 2014 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  3. Brent Jones

Brent Jones Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are so many of these Russian car crash videos on YouTube... is it a requirement in Russia that you have a dash cam or something?

Brent Jones, Oct 24, 2014 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I don't think so. The general population doesn't trust the local police there, so in case you get into a car accident or if you're stopped by a policeman and accused of something you didn't do, the dash cam can become your savior (if you have to defend yourself in court).

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    How are the speed limits there? Similar to here? Any traffic rules that are different from here in the U.S.?

jrbiz, Oct 24, 2014 IP
  6. qwikad.com

Best Answers:

I will be subjective in my opinion, but it seem like in general the speed limits are anywhere from 5 mph to 10 mph lower for the same / similar roads.

The rules are kinda similar, there are a few signs that look different but represent the same idea.

The traffic lights change via the yellow light whether it's from red to green or from green to red.

No right turn on red.

Maybe someone else can add more, that's all that I can recall off the top of my head.

7. BeachMaster

BeachMaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    What bugs me is when people drive like this when they come to America. I'm Canadian and it is very culturally diverse there which I like, but when it comes to driving I'd expect people to follow the laws of the land their in, but in many cases they don't.

BeachMaster, Oct 24, 2014 IP
  8. Brent Jones

Brent Jones Active Member

Best Answers:
    A Russian friend of mine told me something similar once. Sounds about right.

Brent Jones, Oct 26, 2014 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  9. www_HypeFree_com

www_HypeFree_com Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm Serbia it's similar but not many have cameras like in Russia, the thing in Serbia is when the cops stop you you just hand money tht's it, it's very corrupt. I got stopped last time gave 1000 dinars he didn't even talk to me. The funny thing is one time I tried not to pay the cop called the other cop and and look at the smart ass so I i pulled 4000 dinars and he let me know. I think this is why Russians have cameras it's the corruption and there are many of them (serbs are few) so we get the clips. I know in Serbia there are only like a dozen crashes in the entire country a day but Russia is huge and probably more corrupt then Serbia even. In any case I'm putting a camera on my dash soon (with audio) I'm just afraid if they see it they will arrest me saying there is a law against filling cops.

www_HypeFree_com, Oct 26, 2014 IP
  10. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    OK, this one is for 18+. Please, be warned this car accident is bad. For me, personally, it brings respect for our police / ambulance / emergency room personnel who have to deal with this type of things on almost a daily basis:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    qwikad.com, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I would not want to have to deal with that type of scene on a regular basis (or any basis, for that matter.)

jrbiz, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  12. suidmach

suidmach Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People will drive as well as they need to. Given the situation in different cities and different traffic rules, people will modify their driving behaviors to reflect the situation that is in front of them. I think it is pretty common for Russia to have a lot of hit and runs.

suidmach, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  13. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Winterizing for Russia. It's impossible. It's still gonna get you... somewhere, somehow.

qwikad.com, Nov 15, 2014 IP
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, we got our first, minor snowstorm here in Rhode Island last week. It did not stick to the roads but only to lawns and parked cars. But it was a bummer to see. We are supposedly going to get some real cold weather and possibly more snow this coming week. Here in RI, drivers get really stupid the first few snowstorms. It is like they forget everything about driving in snow and ice. In fact, the first significant snowstorm of the season is one of the biggest days of the year for autobody repair shops. I am sure that it is the same in Russia.

Of course, I drive a Lincoln Continental. With a big V8 under the hood, rear wheel drive, and just the trunk over the rear wheels, it starts sliding off the road when a snowstorm is forecasted in the newspaper...

jrbiz, Nov 15, 2014 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  15. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    I used to drive a 1-ton Dodge van for one company a while back and I dreaded every time I had to go to Erie, PA for one of my runs. You leave OH it's nice and sunny with little snow, you get to PA and you have to drive through a foot of snow in total white-out conditions.

Same thing: a V-8 and a rear wheel drive. During the winter I did that job on a wing and a prayer.

qwikad.com, Nov 15, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have had trouble driving through PA in the summer. Hit a rainstorm once on the highway that was basically white out conditions and all cars had to pull of the road because there was zero visibility. It was torrential. I would not want to drive across PA on a regular basis. As I think about it, I absolutely hate the Philly airport and will do anything that I can to avoid it as a connection. PA and travel do not work for me, it seems.

But you have taken the only sensible action by living in Florida now. The boiled peanuts alone are incentive enough, never mind the weather. :)

jrbiz, Nov 15, 2014 IP
  17. stormer320

stormer320 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The reason why there's so many dash cam videos of crashes from Russia is because the vast majority of cars in Russia has dash cams.

stormer320, Nov 17, 2014 IP
  18. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Found one that is totally different. In the US if they don't won't you to pass other cars they paint two solid lines. In Russia, however, the lines don't change, necessarily, but there's a sign, like this one, that tells you to not pass until it's cancelled.

file_e432164026ee8ca31dd1bd90df48d828_a87f8eded8814a5b.jpg

Wow. To me that will be so hard to keep in mind, especially on a busy highway.

qwikad.com, Nov 18, 2014 IP
  19. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Boy, that does sound like a poor way to let people know about passing.

jrbiz, Nov 18, 2014 IP
  20. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just a passing thought -
    How about screening such videos publicly, esp. at spots where accidents or car crashes are bound to happen frequently? Maybe some of those who take a look will give a second thought to overspeeding. Plain dry signboards as 'OVERSPEEDING KILLS' along some obscure corner of the street don't really seem to get noticed by anyone. Heck, no one even cares to notice them!
    Haven't governments in some countries started printing graphic snaps of porous throats, damaged lungs, cancerous jawlines and excessively blackened teeth and gums on cigarette packets to deter people from smoking? We need to do something similar to curb instances of car crashes and overspeeding.

Content Maestro, Nov 18, 2014 IP