1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Flippa Reduced their Fees to Attract Users, so where are people going to sell their site?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by misohoni, Jan 13, 2014.

1. malvakoe

malvakoe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    too greedy...i think its time to move on with private selling.

malvakoe, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  2. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    But where to move to?

misohoni, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  3. Make-Me-Famous

Make-Me-Famous Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm happy to see Flippa reduce their fees. Plans for future site selling is going to be great :)

Make-Me-Famous, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  4. JGProds

JGProds Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to second that! That was an entertaining read! lol

JGProds, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  5. gogolan

gogolan Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know about you guys but I would like to see Flippa allowing to sell adult related domains ^^
    In terms of price: I find 15% or even 10% success fee way to expensive. And still, there are more then enough scammers with fake screenshots over there. So it's NOT about the pricing to keep the marketplace "clean".
    They should cut the success fee to 5% and stop pretending they are reducing the prices when in fact they even want more money. Flippa is starting to be a bad idea. Same like Ebay and Paypal, great idea in the beginning and then a nightmare over the years ^^

gogolan, Jan 22, 2014 IP
    misohoni likes this.
  6. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can sell adult, but only as a domain.

Flippa works with Paypal so I doubt they'd allow adult sites any time soon.

misohoni, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  7. SpanishGuy

SpanishGuy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't put domain sales and website sales in the same basket. It's a completely different marketplace where buyer and sellers think differently. I believe even Flippa has had a lot of problems understanding this... or misunderstanding it.

SpanishGuy, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  8. gogolan

gogolan Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, they allow adult related domains but don't allow to list domains that have vulgar or bad language in the name, so it's pretty useless listing over there ^^

gogolan, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  9. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Aha, great scam trick from Flippa here, down first, then up (almost double commission if you carefully calculate). I no longer sell my sites on Flippa anymore, it's better for me to go there and buy, instead of sell.

mrgadget, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  10. perhan99

perhan99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    but where in the world i can sell my adult websites? here i can not open new thread flippa not allow...

perhan99, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  11. Jake Miles

Jake Miles Active Member

Best Answers:

Here are some other places you could check out for domain sales:

SEDO (probably the largest marketplace for domains - list free & 10-20% sale commission)
    DNForum.com (believe membership fee of $69 min to sell)
    Namepros.com (can buy/sell for free) (traffic "ok" for a decent selling domain)

Here below are a couple more, though the exposure is less & I've not been there for awhile:

https://www.snapnames.com
    http://www.bido.com

Here's one that recently went under, it's on Godaddy Auction Currently and will likely still receive traffic (albeit low) to use as new buyer sees fit: ($1,288 min)

www.showcasemanager.com

Jake Miles, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  12. dave2013

dave2013 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lots of talk on here about Flippa being a poor marketplace for websites that likely have fake traffic and revenue. What about the domains that are for sale on Flippa? They tend to have some fantastic names available and most of the time the names go for a good chunk of change.

dave2013, May 14, 2014 IP
  13. clubkitty

clubkitty Active Member

Best Answers:
    this is good thread with many intelligent comments
    but in regard sites with documented earnings
    the comment that many ginormous sites such as twitter would be valued at a few thousand back in the day does not represent a mis-pricing at the time
    there was no sure evidence that they would climb out of the muck and soar
    it is totally reasonable to value websites at no more that 12 months current earning in lite of the volatile behavior of the monopolist who controls 70% + of the search market and also holds a adjacent monopoly on the most likely ad company to monetize a site.
    this is a monopoly who regularly puts an investor in a website at risk by "updating" its search listing and ad policies.
    This "updating"[ie "screw you webmaster"]...
    In 98% of the cases this will be to the detriment of an existing owner.
    Why absorb this risk without a compensating lowering of the Price/earnings ratio of a website?
    That means the web property has less value because the investor takes on greater risk.
    An Investor in securities faces similar unforeseen risks
    the company may have adverse business that causes earnings to drop and the stock along with it...
    there may be government interference or geopolitics that impact the company
    but there can also be positive developments that increase the value of the investment
    better earnings,takeovers,spin offs,dividend increases,stock buybacks.
    But the investor in websites is faced with the disgusting proposition of being a sharecropper on the gooman farm where they control every aspect of your destiny
    even if you think you can make a difference.
    The chances of anything positive coming from that relationship are nil
    any advance you make will not be as a passive investor..you will have to be both lucky and smart to out maneuver the Matt Cutts Crue.
    So That is why it is not uncommon to see stocks at a p/e of 15-20 or even 100s [gpro amzn etc.] of times annual earnings yet websites selling at 1 times earnings
    the free market[not me] is saying no future upside to be priced in with gooman as dictator ; things change fast on the net
    it is the rational free market pricing in the horrorshow that runs the internet and how much that risk is discounted to the website investor.
    you can make money in websites but it is not a passive income stream to rely on
    the marketplace says so by the values

clubkitty, Oct 26, 2014 IP