1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which one is better ppc or seo?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by onasejaz, Oct 22, 2014.

Hi All;

Friend i need your help. Can anyone tell me which method is better for my sites PPC Or SEO.
    I need your help friends.
    Regards
    Onas

onasejaz, Oct 22, 2014 IP
  2. Mark A.

Mark A. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Are you looking at long term or short term?
    If you are looking long term then SEO is your friend and you should embrace it with all your might. There are hundreds of posts on here that will help with your SEO endeavours.
    PPC is a great way of getting instant traffic to your sales page landing page etc. It can even be used for building a good email list to start with. You have to look very carefully at your ROI to make sure it is worth the out lay. I have clients who love PPC and hate SEO but they are only looking short term.
    My over all view is to aim at the free organic traffic as it is free, but it does mean you have to do some work with SEO and get the traffic to the site.

Mark A., Oct 22, 2014 IP
  3. Rupom Roy

Rupom Roy Member

Best Answers:
    Seo is an long term process whereas PPC is an short term process based on bidding.

Rupom Roy, Oct 22, 2014 IP
  4. Preston Pierce

Preston Pierce Member

Best Answers:
    PPC vs SEO is a long debate. Both have their own uses and advantages. Not one of them is better than the other. Both are different things. PPC leads to paid traffic which will continue as long as you are spending money in the campaign. SEO leads to organic traffic which will continue as long as your website is on the 1st or 2nd page of Google search.

There are many different uses of PPC and SEO:
    1. You can use PPC on a set of keywords for a definite time period to see how much traffic it will get you and then you can optimize same keywords in SEO in an endeavor to rank them on 1st page to get the same traffic through organic means.
    2. You can use PPC to promote your latest/limited-time or any other kind of immediate offers as SEO takes months to materialize.
    3. You can use SEO to optimize long-tail(easy) keywords, while using PPC for short keywords (they are often difficult to optimize.

There are many other elements in this debate. The end point is, PPC and SEO are both great marketing tools and you must use the best combination of these tools creatively to get the maximum benefit out of them.

People who think PPC is just a short term process and SEO is just a long term process, in my opinion, do not truly understand the potential of these marketing tools.

Preston Pierce, Oct 22, 2014 IP
  5. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    You can go for SEO which is a better way to increase your campaign. PPC is just a part of SEO.

Dario McNut, Oct 23, 2014 IP
    tanmay.kamath1992 likes this.
  6. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi guy, I'd like to say, both very important, for start the ppc will help your sale, like adwords, SEO is for long term, but you must put your keywords on 1st page

enous, Oct 23, 2014 IP
  7. onasejaz

onasejaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks your friends for your help..But 1 of my Friend Told me that if you make a new website then start of with PPC after spending 2 or 3 month. Then stop PPC and start his SEO then site result come good is my friend right????

onasejaz, Oct 24, 2014 IP
  8. thuthuatwordpress

thuthuatwordpress Active Member

Best Answers:
    Using PPC means you are running a real business, you are making money work to make more money, and you must know how to manage the ROI (return on investment) and methods to do the split test, if you are not sure how to control the expense, its so risky for a startup with Paid ads campaign. SEO is a long term stategy to get massive traffic with many long tail keyword without paying a cent. So i highly recommend using the the SEO first and when your site is ranking, start running a small seo campaign for tough keyword.

thuthuatwordpress, Oct 24, 2014 IP
  9. Mark A.

Mark A. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It would seem everyone is telling you the same thing on here, do SEO first and do it good. PPC is very expensive and will eat up money if you do not know what you are doing. It will not help your web site rank as it does not help with SEO on site or off site in any way. You could spend a million dollars using PPC but it will not make your web site rank on page 1 of Google when you stop using it. SEO is the only thing that can help your web site get to page 1 of Google.

Mark A., Oct 25, 2014 IP
  10. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are going to do SEO:

If you are just starting out with building your website keep in mind that it will take time for you to see ranking (3-6 months) In order for you to rank well in the search engines you need to do good keyword research plus you need to have good unique content on your site. Also keep I mind that social engagement plays a part on your site as well. Over time depending on how much content you have on your site google will recognize this and yiu will start to see rankings but it will take time.

PPC:
    You will see results much faster but if you do not know what you are doing you can lose money fast. PPC is based on the keywords that you bid on and also quality score plays a part in this too. If you build out a site you can drive ppc traffic to that specific page.

kb24, Oct 25, 2014 IP
  11. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think most of the DPers have answered the technical part. You have to understand that there are various digital marketing techniques:
    - Content Marketing
    - Paid Advertising
    - SEO/Search Marketing
    - Social Media Marketing
    - Email Marketing

SEO is definitely a must for long-term organic traffic (could save you a lot on paid advertising going forward).

The worry shouldn't be on spending, but on your entire digital funnel. How is PPC going to generate revenue for you? If spending $10 on PPC can generate $20 in Sales, it doesn't really matter how much you spend.

Your worry should be: How am I utilizing all these traffic?

My question: Why only PPC & SEO? How is your site ready to receive all these traffic?

Just my 2 cents.

Ethan Alvin, Oct 25, 2014 IP
  12. onasejaz

onasejaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks you my friends for some nice group chatting:)

onasejaz, Oct 25, 2014 IP
  13. WooServers

WooServers Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is better than PPC

WooServers, Oct 29, 2014 IP
  14. rozerr

rozerr Active Member

Best Answers:
  15. Ludhiana SEO

Ludhiana SEO Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Everyone said PPC is for short term and SEO is for long term
    SEO gives us organic Traffic and pPC gave us Paid Traffic

Ludhiana SEO, Oct 31, 2014 IP
  16. Rope Media

Rope Media Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is all about getting your website to rank higher in organic search results such as google, Yahoo and Bing, on the other hand PPC for advertising of your overall Internet Marketing campaign, targeted keywords on search results pages.

Rope Media, Nov 11, 2014 IP
  17. Malik Nomi

Malik Nomi Banned

Best Answers:
    SEO is always working for every site, PPC is just help full for a specific time frame.
    SEO is always better then PPC

Malik Nomi, Nov 11, 2014 IP