1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Blog is Ranked for My Targeted Keyword But Not My Website!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jewelraz, Oct 23, 2014.

Hello Everyone,

I have been in SEO business for last several years. I was busy with Google adwords jobs for last two years so I didn't get a change to optimize, maintain or rank my primary keywords. Now my website is not showing for my targeted keyword "seo service provider" but my blog is ranked in 10th position in com.bd domain for that query.

I want to rank my website for that keyword not my blog. So what will be the best methods?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Solved! View solution.
    jewelraz, Oct 23, 2014 IP
    Blog tends to perform better than website in SEO. Why? Because in blog you post new content regularly and so your blog remains fresh and updated, which is what Google prefers. However, website is usually static, there is not much room to update it or post fresh content regularly. That is the reason why most webmaster have an Internal Blog in their website. Something like xyz.com/blog. Since here blog is a page, rather than a different domain; your website will remain refresh.

If the website and blog in your signature are ones that you are referring to in your post, than most likely your issue is that your blog and site are hosted in different domains. Your blog is fresh and regularly updated, but your site is static. Hence, your blog is performing better than your website.

Make your blog an internal blog, instead of external and post relevant and original piece of content with good optimization.

Preston Pierce, Oct 23, 2014 IP
    jewelraz likes this.
  3. jewelraz

jewelraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot mate. You are now established member in this forum as I give you a Like for your support! I really like your comment and thinking. It makes sense. I will make the changes.

4. Preston Pierce

Preston Pierce Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much. Glad I was helpful. Good Luck

5. Preston Pierce

Preston Pierce Member

Best Answers:
    So you are trying to delete blog subdomain and move the content to blog folder right? What hosting you are using and what CMS you are using? Also, are you creating blog folder to redirect it to your external blog?

6. jewelraz

jewelraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am trying to remove blog subdomain and redirect that URL to my blog folder. Please note, I already have blog folder under which I have set up wordpress for my blog. For root domain I have another wordpress set up and I am using fatcow hosting. All folders are under the same host. So there are two .htaccess files : one under the root directory (for main domain) and other one is in blog folder (for blog subdomain)

7. Preston Pierce

Preston Pierce Member

Best Answers:
    I have never used that hosting, so I cannot exactly tell what is wrong here. Also, I am not very good with the technical side. You should contact your hosting's support and contact some developers here. Start a new thread in a development related forum here. Also, check this link if it might help httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/misc/rewriteguide.html

I am really sorry I will not be able to help you in this one.

8. jewelraz

jewelraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    No problem, I have contacted with my host. They placed 2 lines of code on my blog's .htaccess! Now it's working fine :) I am really happy. Let's see after few days if there is any improvement in search engines.

jewelraz, Oct 25, 2014 IP
  9. Preston Pierce

Preston Pierce Member

Best Answers:
    Best of luck. Keep your website/blog fresh with original content.

Preston Pierce, Oct 25, 2014 IP