1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Number of products on website - SEO improves with variety of products?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MattBOnline, Oct 22, 2014.

Hi,

I am designing a new website. To get Google to 'notice' the website I will upload the site with about 50 products soon. This will not provide the customer with enough variety but will Google begin to rank the website site?

I am uploading now rather than wait until I have about 300 products because I want to get listed in Google As Soon As Possible. I do not expect to rank well for 6 months, by which time there will be about 300-1000 products listed. Would you suggest not uploading until the site is larger (more product choice)?

I await your comments on this.

Matt.

MattBOnline, Oct 22, 2014 IP
  2. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    Being ranked in Google is not an overnight process so if you already have a ready website, it would be good to upload it to Google. Then afterwards while you are adding products, you will also be working on the SEO of the website. More products could help the site rank but you also have to start small.

usemyteam, Oct 22, 2014 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I stick a landing page with a logo only up before I start on the ecommerce site. So yes, upload as soon as humanly possible.

N.

Nigel Lew, Oct 22, 2014 IP
  4. Mark A.

Mark A. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with usermyteam. The faster you get the website up the quicker Google will index your site. As you add more content Google will keep coming back and back and will love that you are adding more and more information on it and it will help your rankings. Remember Google loves fresh (New) content!

Mark A., Oct 22, 2014 IP
  5. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    I believe its about adding quality content to your website. Its like updating it in a consistent manner.

Dario McNut, Oct 23, 2014 IP
  6. Preston Pierce

Preston Pierce Member

Best Answers:
    Good answer.

Do both things in parallel. Keep adding products while doing SEO. Key is to optimize your individual products as well as your overall websites. Also think about this: Having more products not only provide a freedom choice to consumer, but it also increases the likelihood of your website ranking on more keywords. So, more products, more keywords you could rank on.

Preston Pierce, Oct 23, 2014 IP
    usemyteam likes this.