1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Converting website to wordpress

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Meghan2399, Oct 3, 2014.

Hi!

So I have a client that I designed a website for a few years ago and she just emailed me the other day asking if I could convert her website to wordpress so it is easier for her to upload images herself. The website I created is very image based, about 10 pages and I have used javascript sliders and lightboxes in most pages. She wants to keep the website exactly how it is, just in wordpress with easy photo uploads.
    I have a lot of experience in HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP but have only played around with creating wordpress templates so have a pretty basic idea of how it works.
    All I need to know really is if there is an easy way to convert to wordpress or if I will have to competely recode the website to fit the wordpress format.

Meghan2399, Oct 3, 2014 IP
  2. KewL

KewL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Link us to the website so we can see what kind of Wordpress features you'd have to implement.

You shouldn't have to re-code everything. Whenever I build a Wordpress theme I code it statically first then work Wordpress into it. The amount of work really depends on how far away from "blog format" it is.

KewL, Oct 3, 2014 IP
  3. Meghan2399

Meghan2399 Peon

Best Answers:
    The website is www.louiseanderson.co.nz
    She mainly wants to be able to add photos to the collections and brides section of the site

Meghan2399, Oct 4, 2014 IP
  4. Limon Pervez

Limon Pervez Member

Best Answers:
    This task is available ?

Limon Pervez, Oct 22, 2014 IP
  5. Catalin Stroescu

Catalin Stroescu Member

Best Answers:
    That's an easy work, the best way is to take a theme and change the design directly on it so you get it fast done. Write html and css until it have the exact design like on the old html website. Given the fact that you already have the code from the old site the work would be even faster as you just have to implement it.

Catalin Stroescu, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  6. Mattingley

Mattingley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You'll have to completely recode the website to make it work with Wordpress

Mattingley, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  7. davidmoore789

davidmoore789 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @Meghan2399 If you still need help in this please let me know I can really help you out

davidmoore789, Nov 17, 2014 IP