1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The true secret to SEO that will get you ranking number 1

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Get Searched, Oct 9, 2014.

So I enticed you in didn't I ;)

Now I've got you here I'll tell you what you probably already knew or what is common sense.

I've already covered this briefly in another post on here but I still think it rains true.

I've been the managing director of several SEO agencies now and over time have grown increasingly frustrated with the people wanting over night success with their search rankings. It's also frustrating to see many people claiming to be SEO experts that actually know very little or are throwing around information that holds little value or relevance to SEO today.

Let me tell you the number #1 tip to ranking

First we have to take a look at the #1 search engine out there. Any guesses? That's right, it's Google! How did Google get so successful though? Well before Google there was Yahoo, Yahoo were the leaders in search at the time but they're search engine/directory was manually put together indexing the websites in categories they came across on the web.

Google became a hit sensation when they decided to use Backlinks in the algorithm and made backlinks have the largest impact on pulling up the rankings on their index of the web.

Google decided a link was like a recommendation/vote from one website to another and the more of these backlinks the higher your website would rank.

While time has come along and Google's algorithms have become more sophisticated and clever this formula still remains true to this day, it's just much better at filtering out the junk/spam and people trying to trick the system.

So why did Google put such an emphasis on backlinks in the first place and why are they still held to high regard to this day?

Well lets look at this in a matter of fact way. 9/10 if you're linking to another website it's because it contains relevant information that is useful to the reader and relevant to the topic at hand.

This is where the problem lies today. Many people are focusing on RANKING on manipulating the search results to get to where they want to be and a lot of the time this is done through spamy content, content that adds little value or low quality backlinks.

What I mean by this is I can go to any internet marketing forum just like Digital Point and post a short, useless post that adds little value or input to a conversation and get a backlink. Equally I can make a blog post or article about marketing but it's really nothing unique, nothing that hasn't been said/done/shared before.

My point is if we ignite the passion for what we're doing search results will come naturally. Provide content that adds value, tips, tutorials, walk through's. Don't just be an SEO Agency for the money. Many times I give tips, information and SEO Fixes away for FREE because it builds relationships and trust and adds value so people remember me.

My business have been a success because ranking hasn't been my number #1 priority. It's so easy to get caught up in the do's and don't of SEO because that's our main focus. When we make our main focus content, articles, tutorials, relationships and networking that's when you start to notice natural rankings just start happening over time.

What do you think guys? Anyone else in the industry have any tips and advice? I see so many people saying get the title tags right on your site, the meta description get high authority backlinks etc etc but where are the SEO consultants saying build meaningful relationships, create content that adds value, that educates that inspires etc surely it's those things that will naturally bring traffic to your site anyway regardless of rankings and over time those things will have a knock on positive effect on your natural rankings!

Thoughts, feelings, input?

Get Searched, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  2. vivek.baghel

vivek.baghel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, You Really presented nice & wonderful sound About Google ! Your great sound tells ! You have such a deep & strong knowledge about Google that how Google comes & how beated to yahoo from 1st position But I'm not agree with matter of fact way. 9/10 ! I don't think so there is any connection between Google & 9/10 But Yes I honestly appreciate, The Way you said Google "nothing unique, nothing that hasn't been said/done/shared before."

Google loves Unique thing, Fresh Content & High Quality Work ! I must say some webmsters are still confuse with Google that what exactly Google Loves ! I noticed most of Bloggers share same Strategy, Common posts, & Old Topics But do not think about Varity & Uniqueness ! Good Quality work & Uniqueness in work always naturally traffic which really matters for a Blog ! I agree with it !

vivek.baghel, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  3. Get Searched

Get Searched Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply.

We're on the same page I agree with what you're saying! That's what I said in my first post that unique quality content is IMPORTANT! :)

Get Searched, Oct 10, 2014 IP
  4. weakpa2

weakpa2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Thanks for sharing...

weakpa2, Oct 18, 2014 IP
  5. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes... You are pretty right. The ranking comes itself. That's why people also use Social Media sites for good and targetted traffic :)

patco, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  6. !TheDude!

!TheDude! Peon

Best Answers:
    Backlinks are a pain, but worth the time and effort put in.

!TheDude!, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  7. jewelraz

jewelraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like your statement: "My point is if we ignite the passion for what we're doing search results will come naturally. Provide content that adds value, tips, tutorials, walk through's. Don't just be an SEO Agency for the money. Many times I give tips, information and SEO Fixes away for FREE because it builds relationships and trust and adds value so people remember me."

I do the same thing too. In my country people only know about SEO and Alexa ranking. But they have little idea on adwords, paid ads, youtube ads etc. That's why I am trying to educate them the benefits of these platforms. Of course SEO has value but if an industry person can come up with SEO + Adwords ads then success rate is much higher. SEO takes time whereas you can put your target keywords to millions of people with the help of adwords. So why not using that too with SEO?

I believe success lies in Educating, Engaging, and Networking, not in SEO ranking!

jewelraz, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  8. procrusher

procrusher Active Member

Best Answers:
    I 100% agree with you. Take this scenario for instance: You write a super high quality, thought provoking article. Due to this fact, people start sharing your article naturally. It goes viral, reaches a few authority sites/people. They share it and it becomes even more viral.

procrusher, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  9. Anti-Boring

Anti-Boring Member

Best Answers:
    Really helpful to me Thanks for sharing...

Anti-Boring, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  10. baldonius

baldonius Member

Best Answers:
    Nice post, useful for new people.

I still find it so hilarious when people say backlinks don't matter. Of course they matter. They're the foundation of the Google algorithm.

New clients brag about how much their web designer 'optimised' their website then ask why they're not ranking #1 for broad national keywords. I load up SEO Spyglass and there's not one inbound link to their domain.

Some web designers need to stop claiming to 'optimise' websites and then charging $500 for it. They're tricking business owners into handing over silly sums of money. Although it just goes to show how effective the upsell sales tactic is.

/rant :)

baldonius, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  11. BeulahCharon

BeulahCharon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Baldonius I'm agree with you. With out backlinks you can't do SEO properly. The best example of backlink is if you post an article to some article directory than it gives very powerful backlink. Which helps a lot in the improvement of ranking. As a web designer I always make websites according to SEO friendly environment.

BeulahCharon, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  12. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm constantly telling clients that SEO is all about focusing on the user. Useful content and page speed. I cringe every time some one posts nonsense about "getting backlinks". Don't "get" them, have content "worth linking to". There's a REAL REASON Google created the Penguin algorithm, yet I still read the same old harmful advice. I gives real SEO's a bad name.

SearchBliss, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  13. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't have thought that was possible seeing as the so called SEO industry is just one giant scam....but yes you certainly do:)

malky66, Nov 9, 2014 IP
    kingofking likes this.