1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shortcut keys to show function parameters in Zend Eclipse for PHP Developers?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by TheDataPlanet.com, Oct 10, 2014.

In Zend Eclipse for PHP Developers 3.2.0, is there any shortcut keys that shows the arguments of the function where the cursor is placed?

For example, immediately after I finishing typing the function name and hit enter, there will be a very nice hint tip of what the parameters of the function are. Such as like this: http://postimg.org/image/jqhog4q0t/

However, it easily goes away. What short cut keys should I use to get it back? I remember there's something I could use when the cursor is place inside the parameters parenthesis. What is it?

TheDataPlanet.com, Oct 10, 2014 IP
  2. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not at my windows computer so I can't try it and I prefer phpstorm :) However if you check the Eclipse documentation it reads

With the cursor in a method argument, you can see a list of parameter hints. In the Java Editor press Ctrl+Shift+Space or invoke Edit > Content Assist > Parameter Hints.
    Code (markup):
    Not sure if it helps but worth a try although it might just be to turn it on and off.

Anveto, Oct 10, 2014 IP
  3. TheDataPlanet.com

TheDataPlanet.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the help but Ctrl+Shift+Space doesn't work. The closest I can find is: Window -> Preferences -> PHP -> Editor -> Content Assist but I don't see any shortcut key settings there. Any idea?

TheDataPlanet.com, Oct 10, 2014 IP
  4. TheDataPlanet.com

TheDataPlanet.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I found it. Just press Ctrl + Shift + L and see what the keys combination is for "Context Information". That's what would show the parameters hint when the cursor is place inside the function parenthesis.

In most cases, the default keys for this are: Ctrl + Shift + Space or Alt + Shift + /

TheDataPlanet.com, Oct 20, 2014 IP
    Anveto likes this.
  5. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice, I was close then. Good that you came back and posted the answer :)

Anveto, Oct 21, 2014 IP