1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Include site URL for more SEO friendly images?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sixrfan, Oct 18, 2014.

when coding pictures into my site, i typically leave off the url, and just leave the picture location. for instance, instead of

http://insertsitehere.com/wp-content/uploads/sample.jpg

i will typically eliminate the site url to save code and space so it looks like

/wp-content/uploads/sample.jpg

however, i've noticed that my images are not ranking as well as they should in google images. could that be because i am removing the site url from the code?

please advise. thanks in advance.

sixrfan, Oct 18, 2014 IP
  2. devandkumar11

devandkumar11 Member

Best Answers:
    To rank Images in Search Engines, you have to use Big Images, Keyword in Image Name, ALT Tags and Image location also help to rank images in Search Engines.

devandkumar11, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  3. djnoslee

djnoslee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, Medium Images will do, Alt Tags - Yes, hmm, the answers were right, and if you really want to optimize your image, you can start submitting it to Photo Sharing/ Submission Sites like Pinterest. :)

djnoslee, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  4. devandkumar11

devandkumar11 Member

Best Answers:
    Ya you can submit images on Image Sharing website, but most important thing is that, put your Big image around the content (Text/Paragraph). It help to rank your images with other related keywords.

devandkumar11, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  5. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with the fact that if it's placed within the content, the result would be better! Just be sure to use GOOD alt tag and make it look natural within the content! ;)

patco, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  6. Siservices

Siservices Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use alt tags related to your keywords. Promote them on pinterest and flicker with same name image has on your website. You can also create an image sitemap and upload it.

Siservices, Oct 21, 2014 IP
  7. thuthuatwordpress

thuthuatwordpress Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to auto get content filled in the meta tag for image: alt and title, there is a plugin to do this task.
    When imsert the image into the article, you need to fill in the caption as well and swap aroud with contexttual content related to the keywords in the image.

thuthuatwordpress, Oct 21, 2014 IP