1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Very Need Suggestion for Good Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by livina, Oct 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello, I need to buy hosting that can handle massive traffic from my site. I already used H*wkhost Super Plan but always reach 100% CPU USAGE. It make my site down everyday.

Any suggestion guys? Someone just suggest me to use DREAMHOST but I need any reviews before purchased, please help me.
    Thanks.

livina, Oct 13, 2014 IP
  2. Ray Baron

Ray Baron Member

Best Answers:
    Before deciding where best to host your website, you need to analyze your traffic determine what the real problem is. HawkHost uses CloudLinux -- that is what is limiting CPU. CloudLinux doesn't "take down" a website when resource limits are reached. If the limit is CPU, it slows down the website. When CPU use returns to normal levels, the site is fast again.

You need to determine if the problems are due to traffic spikes. If so, is it from bad bots or legitimate traffic? Are you doing anything to filter undesirable traffic? Have you optimized your website?

If the problem is that you have a bloated, unoptimized website or that you are getting hit by bad bots or other undesirable traffic, changing hosts won't solve the problem. (This is not a comment on Hawk Host one way or the other -- I have no affiliation with them in any way.)

Ray Baron, Oct 13, 2014 IP
  3. Anurag Golipkar

Anurag Golipkar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can have chat with hosting providers and ask them about data transfer you need. If you like any hosting provider then google it to see the review. You will always get enough review to differentiate various hosting providers. If you site always gets down then you should look for dedicated hosting.

Anurag Golipkar, Oct 13, 2014 IP
  4. livina

livina Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have open chat with them for many times, their response fast. I have follow their instruction to install wp super cache plugin and remove any autoblog on my hosting. But it not solved my problem. I had used H**khost for over 3 years, their service was good before their decided to use CloudLinux.

livina, Oct 13, 2014 IP
  5. livina

livina Active Member

Best Answers:
    I never hear that host before, but I will try it for one month.
    I hope this host can solved my problem.

livina, Oct 14, 2014 IP
  6. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    hmmm, realistically you probly outgrew shared hosting a long time ago. What you need is to ask them to move you to another cloud linux plan. Dont be hating cloud linux, it really prevents abusers from hogging the entire server for themselves.
    Cloud linux can work similar to vps. Lets say vps has plan with 1gb ram, 2gb, 3gb, well cloud linux can have the same thing. If your host does not have any plans that have larger amounts of ram and cpu, then I suggest you look into a fully managed VPS.

if they dont use cloud linux, dont touch them. If another site is using ALOT of resources, then your site will not run smoothly. Trust me, I used to be with a host that didnt have cloud linux, and it sucked.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
    matt_62, Oct 14, 2014 IP
    RonBrown and livina like this.
  7. livina

livina Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just purchased it, I hope I can find the right hosting for my web.

livina, Oct 14, 2014 IP
  8. xcesslogic

xcesslogic Active Member

Best Answers:
    For your requirements you should go for a dedicated server hosting. Also you will need to analyze properly why your site could not handle the load. Was it really due to hosting hardware? Because unoptimized code and DB can also cause this problem. Most often if hosting is good then DB is the main thing you should look at

xcesslogic, Oct 15, 2014 IP
  9. Cloudcandy Host

Cloudcandy Host Member

Best Answers:
    Massive traffic ? How many visitors at a given time!? That would give everyone here a fair idea on what would be the right solution for you!! Shared hosting is not meant for large traffic and Cloudlinux is actually great if you are using shared hosting for the purpose its meant to be. Which is to host simple, Low traffic websites.

Cloudcandy Host, Oct 15, 2014 IP
  10. RonBrown

RonBrown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The most sensible reply here. Some others have also suggested that you try to find out WHY your site is using so many resources which is always a good idea too. The CPU running out of breath or using up too much ram CAN be related to traffic, but it doesn't tend to be a linear relationship.

Some plugins and themes might run nicely with low traffic levels, but don't scale well. Badly written data access code can also cause problems. You may be able to optimize your site which could allow you to stay with shared hosting for a little longer, but unless you know WHAT is causing the problem then just moving to a different host is not likely to solve your problems permantently.

I've seen DB driven sites with literally hundreds of thousands of unique visitors per day and page views into the millions per day, who barely register in terms of CPU or RAM usage and would work quite comfortably in shared hosting except for the data transfer they consumed, while other sites with a tiny fraction of that volume can max out a VPS or Dedicated server's CPU and RAM. Many times it's down to the developer and the programer who can help to make sites efficient and scalable. It's certainly worth looking to see if you can make things more efficient.

RonBrown, Oct 16, 2014 IP
    livina likes this.
  11. trafficfor10

trafficfor10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had nothing but a great experience with stableHost

trafficfor10, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  12. Focl

Focl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe try ww.ixwebhosting.com. This is my new experience everythin looks good.
    Also Hostgator is classic. They do what they promise

Focl, Oct 16, 2014 IP
    livina likes this.
  13. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    I don't recommend Dreamhost. I have used them since 2006, and still have some sites hosted there, but I have begun migrating them to other hosts because the thing I liked best about Dreamiest -- its tech support -- has become the thing I like least about them. Other than that, I agree that you should try to determine just what it is that is using up your resources, and fix that if you can. If indeed, it is a large amount of traffic, then perhaps you are reading for dedicated hosting.

livina likes this.
  14. Keteki

Keteki Active Member

Best Answers:
    You will need a Dedicated Hosting with more then 6 cores CPU and 10 GB RAM, 99.9% Network Uptime. You can check here if it fits for your websites. Hostingbook.org- Dedicated-web-hosting

There are also many host, that provide quality hosting. Pacifichost, Hostv and IPage

Keteki, Oct 17, 2014 IP
  15. dadaas

dadaas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why 6 cores, why not 12? Come on man. You cant sell server to this guy and all he said was he have high CPU and massive traffic. What is massive traffic? Milions of people per day? Or thousand? High CPU? On shared hosting? or on dedicated server with 64 cores?

He didnt give details... so you cant make him a offer.

dadaas, Oct 17, 2014 IP
    RonBrown likes this.
  16. Hitesh B

Hitesh B Member

Best Answers:
    Since your website will drive large amount of traffic, you should preferably go for a Dedicated Server. However, if your budget is tight you can start off with a high end VPS Plan. There are a number of providers out there which provide high quality Dedicated Servers. E.g Liquidweb, Softlayer. You can compare different providers at whoishostingthis.com

Hitesh B, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  17. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would recommend you to consider Cloud based SSD VPS servers. These servers are more reliable and can provide better results.

King-Servers, Nov 5, 2014 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.