1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much traffic VPS is capable to handle at a time

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by jgkgopi, Oct 14, 2014.

Dear Friends,

Currently I hosted my site one in hostgator sharing and another one in blogger. I want to move both sites into good hosting.

One of my blogs get visitors as 100 - 150 Users at a Time.(Hostgator Shared Hosting)
    Another Blogger get visitors as 500 Users at a Time.(Blogger Custom Domain)(Will move to wordpress)

I need a VPS Hosting which can handle this much of traffic (Approx 800 Users at a time)and cpu resources with cpanel.Please give me suggestion.

In my Sharing Hostgator Can able to handle nearly 100 Users at a time

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    jgkgopi, Oct 14, 2014 IP
  2. xcesslogic

xcesslogic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hostgator VPS ( with atleast 1GB RAM) will surely be able to handle the users you require. However handling site load is not the job of only the hardware. Your site code and database also needs to be optimized properly. If your budget is limited then there are many other options of very low cost but reliable VPS. Let me know if you want some recommendations

xcesslogic, Oct 15, 2014 IP
  3. Cloudcandy Host

Cloudcandy Host Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think, You would require a VPS at the moment. A reseller hosting must easily meet your requirement because a VPS has its overhead of Management services plus license costs. If your very much sure that you need a VPS then you can get started a Minimum of 1 core of processor / 1Gb ram/ Disk space & bandwidth as per your requirement, You can always upgrade with ease as per your requirement at a later stage.

Cloudcandy Host, Oct 15, 2014 IP
  4. jgkgopi

jgkgopi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your (Cloudcandy Host and xcesslogic) Reply.

@Cloudcandy Host - Am currently using Hostgator Shared hosting and using 3 WordPress site in that. But am getting CPU Resource usage excess on during peak time of my traffic

@xcesslogic I am using wordpress site only, SO if you have any recommendation kindly do. I want to run maximum of 5 to 10 WordPress sites

jgkgopi, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  5. Cloudcandy Host

Cloudcandy Host Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to check with some WordPress special hosts. Some fine tuning to your plugins + hosting might help you save a lot Such as wphostingspot and 48-14 . Even with a VPS, you might face the same issue. Can you say, what could be your possible budget ?

Cloudcandy Host, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  6. jgkgopi

jgkgopi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My Budget is 25USD per month. I thought VPS with 2GB ram could sufficient for that.

jgkgopi, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  7. Andrew Madoc

Andrew Madoc Peon

Best Answers:
    See the plans from evernom.com, what you need, the medium package is 16.99 euros, even cheaper than 25 dolars. You can sent them a ticket to ask what would you need. They helped me a lot when I needed.

Andrew Madoc, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  8. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A VPS with 2GB RAM and cPanel may cost more than $25. Do you need the VPS in any specific geo-location?

MilesWeb, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  9. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    Since you are ready to move up to a VPS with cPanel then also look into what a hosting company offers in the way of migrations. If you are doing a cPanel to cPanel migration you should be fine but make sure you take a fresh backup copy before the move.

JPC-Sabrina, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  10. Gaiacom_LC

Gaiacom_LC Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on the server resources (RAM and CPU), and how your server is setup.
    A small VPS can easily support 500+ concurrent visitors if optimized, but in any case, a virtual server can add/remove resources (CPU and RAM) as you find the correct amount needed for your website.
    In basic terms I think you could find a virtual server in $10-20 /mo range for your sites.

Gaiacom_LC, Oct 27, 2014 IP
  11. Hitesh B

Hitesh B Member

Best Answers:
    There is no way to determine the exact number of visitors a VPS server can sustain. Each site is different and the amount of traffic you can handle will depend on the resources each visitor is using. A general thumb rule can be if your site is getting over 8k views per day, then you would want to consider switching as soon as possible before your host simply locks down the site because it is utilizing a lot of resources. A VPS or a dedicated server should make your sites more responsive, as you’ll not be sharing the server resources with dozens of other websites.

Hitesh B, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  12. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    VPS can handle a large amount of traffic. Make sure that it has compatible server configuration. VPS servers are similar to Dedicated services in terms or features.

King-Servers, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  13. dadaas

dadaas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure to get everything configured for your needs. Because in other words it is possible it could be still slow. Recently i helped 1 site to move from 1 VPS to other because on old VPS there was a mess. Dont get in that mess or you will regret it.

Also if you are interested i could manage you a VPS server, in other words i will heavily optimize it for your needs and that is the best thing for your websites.

You can contact me trough signature link, there is a skype button.

dadaas, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  14. Keteki

Keteki Active Member

Best Answers:
    It completely depends on the service provider, how much they set limit for their VPS. For a blogger (without uploading and downloading files) with 500 visitors a day, you can go for shared hosting. But it will be different in case of a video/music/file hosting site, here even the 500 visitors a day might need VPS or Dedicated hosting depending upon the bandwidth required.

Keteki, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  15. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    We offer several plans that may be of use to you and most of them fall under your requirements. zKVM 512 should suit your needs best. cPanel to cPanel migration is free with us, too. In case your 5-10 Wordpress sites will require more resources in the future - we can issue a discount so our zKVM 1024 plan cost $25/mo for you. Feel free to contact our sales representatives if you are interested.

H0stZealot, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  16. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    We offer several plans that may be of use to you and most of them fall under your requirements. zKVM 512 should suit your needs best. cPanel to cPanel migration is free with us, too. In case your 5-10 Wordpress sites will require more resources in the future - we can issue a discount so our zKVM 1024 plan cost $25/mo for you. Feel free to contact our sales representatives if you are interested.

H0stZealot, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  17. TransNOC

TransNOC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It all depends on how the VPS environment is configured. We have gotten a dual-core VPS to handle 5000 concurrent connections, and that was the limit of the load tester. We were using nginx to cache and serve full page caches directly from RAM (memcached). These results are not possible on all types of sites.

TransNOC, Nov 30, 2014 IP
  18. DulceanaQQ

DulceanaQQ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    And what Hostgator responds regarding that ? I have seen somewhere that it can handle (not especially their VPS) something like up to one thousand real users at one time with good solid uptime and speed. You should check it with them as well.

DulceanaQQ, Apr 19, 2019 IP
  19. dts-net

dts-net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It really comes down to the provider's network speed of the network the hardware that's being used and whether they throttled speed or cap data usage or truly offer unlimited data transfer and speed on the vps account

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    dts-net, Jun 2, 2019 IP
  20. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When you're talking about only 500-800 concurrent users it really just comes down to your code, database, and server specs as any decent (to even poor) network can handle that flow. However, it's all irrelevant. You have $25 as a budget. I would look at some cheap packaged cloud hosting alternatives from Linode.com or Digital Ocean.

NetStar, Jun 15, 2019 IP