1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Maintain Big And Popular Website

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by dexbyte, Oct 16, 2014.

Hey everyone,
    This is the question which always arises in my mind when I see a popular website. "How do they maintain it". I don't own a popular website so I really want to know how it works.

Say, there is a popular forum like digital point and there is a lot of traffic on the website and probably there would be lot of spam. So I wanna know that do the moderators get paid for their work or they do it for free? And where do they find them or they come on their own?

Now talking about another kind of website. Lets say their is a popular tech website like GSMarena or androidauthority. First question is how and where they find authors to post on their website? They find them locally or they find them on any website?

Just curious to how all this stuff works? Please also add some of the points I missed I just want to know everything.

Moderator please move this post to appropriate section if this is not the right one. I have no clue.

dexbyte, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  2. ragamsky

ragamsky Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont know much for DP. But a website like GSMarena and other big company that "selling" content as a main business always pay for a content. So the answer is hiring a in house writer, or asking someone for guest post.

ragamsky, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  3. ChrisKyle

ChrisKyle Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree completely with ragamsky. I feel the only way something like this can be maintained is to hire someone who is already very active in they site or forum and is trusted. As far as getting paid I'm not sure.. I would assume they would receive some kind of benefits.

ChrisKyle, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  4. Svensonia

Svensonia Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes they definitely have their people who do it for them. They probably send out job offers even to specifically do these jobs. I was once invited to do certain jobs for a website, like design, marketing etc... So they should be doing it the same way. Authors get paid or do it for free but in exchange for other things. (more traffic, free product testing...)

Svensonia, Oct 18, 2014 IP
  5. John Pagulayan

John Pagulayan Member

Best Answers:
    2 words ... "fresh content".

John Pagulayan, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  6. eunette143

eunette143 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    why way to do it is to at least post 2 unique contents every single day and optimize to bring visitors from search engines

eunette143, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  7. Fix Johnson

Fix Johnson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Would not a "large and popular" site have a lot of people willing to guest post or write articles for them. I know I would gladly supply unique article for a link to my own site. I am sure on their way up they must have assembled quite a unique list of writers who they can call on. I doubt they would have to pay anyone :)

Fix Johnson, Oct 20, 2014 IP