1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

litespeed cloudlinux hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by TheFall, Oct 5, 2014.

I think that it is right place to ask about the advantages of using litespeed+cloudlinux hosting solution.
    I came across onehopweb.com and found out that they offer nice hosting solutions.
    Can you tell me what you think about their hosting?

TheFall, Oct 5, 2014 IP
  2. Ray Baron

Ray Baron Member

Best Answers:
    I know nothing about OneHop but I can tell you about LiteSpeed and CloudLinux. I use both on all of my servers.

CloudLinux. CloudLinux is a drop-in OS replacement with several unique features. Websites are segregated in virtual "containers," in some ways similar to VPS, that allows the host to limit resource use. Properly configured it is much less likely that a single website can take down an entier server. Also, CL offers the cagefs file system that contains each website it its own cage. Users cannot see other users and do not have access to services that can do a lot of damage. Personally, I would want a CloudLinx-based host over any other because -- properly deployed -- it makes for a more stable server.

LiteSpeed is a drop-in replacement for Apache that is faster and more efficient than Apache. LiteSpeed also offers some nice features like a nice suPHP implementation, some anti-DDoS capabilities and (depending on the CPU version) a great built-in cache.

Ray Baron, Oct 10, 2014 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  3. Cloudcandy Host

Cloudcandy Host Member

Best Answers:
    I have never heard of one hop either, if i were you i would look for a host who provides both Cloudlinux and Litespeed and i have enough reasons to say why!?
    Litespeed
    We use LiteSpeed . Litespeed is an event-driven async I/O server with a few threads / processes; which means it is faster than Apache and consumes less RAM/CPU than Apache. It is a commercial product, with a nice web-GUI for most administration tasks. It more or less replaces Apache in most functionality (including rewrites and bytelogging), will drop directly in with CPanel/WHM. It has an extensive featureset really designed for performance and scalability (and DDoS mitigation). The web interface is nice versus digging through configuration files. My favorite feature is the PHP SAPI module they provide which increases PHP performance. I really find LiteSpeed to be a refreshing change from Apache and gives me only the functionality. There is a downside however, Litespeed costs money.

I would say LiteSpeed's strength lies in static fileserving and dynamic content with either Python, PHP, or Ruby (especially Ruby on Rails). In older benchmarks it performs better which in my experience is true, but at the same time tuning Apache can get close to similar results, but the LSAPI module is pretty unique (similar to fast-cgi) and works well. The main developer is really attentive and implemented a few things I needed in LiteSpeed.

Cloudlinux
    It provides us Hosts better resource tracking (allowing us to better enforce our AUP
    CL provides us with “containers” for keeping a clients website, allowing them to get a better slice in the resource pool whilst us maintaining said pool with enforced limit.
    Better detection tools for malicious scripting activities provides us with the ability to better inform you when somethings not quiet right

Cloudcandy Host, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  4. Kingfish85

Kingfish85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Litespeed & CloudLinux have both been explained fairly well and their advantages in this thread. I'm curious though, how exactly did you come across the host you mentioned? Sure this isn't a self advertising post?

Kingfish85, Apr 10, 2015 IP
  5. winnervps

winnervps Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Cloudlinux + Litespeed is dynamic duo and perfect combination if you want to run a serious HOSTING business.
    with Cloudlinux you can limit, separate and monitor each client's resources/environment.

But for people need only to host their High Traffic Website, Litespeed only is enough.

winnervps, Apr 22, 2015 IP