1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Penguin 3.0 Likely in 2014, Says John Mueller

Discussion in 'Google' started by kusonpadam, Sep 16, 2014.

In theGoogle Webmaster Central office hours hangouton Google+ on September 12, Google Webmaster Trends analyst John Mueller says Penguin 3.0 will likely launch in 2014.

"My guess is yes," Mueller says. "But, as always, there are always things that can happen in between. I'm pretty confident we'll have something in the reasonable future, but not today, so we'll definitely let you know when things are happening."

This news comes after Mueller said in aSeptember 8 hangoutthat Google is working on a Penguin update and "so I think that saying there's no refresh coming would be false."

However, Mueller did not offer a specific timeframe for the update, other than it was "not happening today," noting he doesn't like to give out timelines because things are still subject to change.

"I know the team is working on this and trying to find a solution that generally refreshes a little bit faster," Mueller added.

Baruch Labunski, CEO of SEO and digital marketing agency Rank Secure, then asked Mueller to clarify whether his comment about making things faster meant updates would happen on a regular basis like Panda.

In response, Mueller said:

We'll see what we can do there. That's something where we're trying to kind of speed things up because we see that this is a bit of a problem when webmasters want to fix their problems, they actually go and fix these issues but our algorithms don't reflect that in a reasonable time, so that's something where it makes sense to try to improve the speed of our algorithms overall.

One day later, Mueller wrote in the Webmaster Central Help Forumthat it's possible for webmasters to change their sites to improve rankings without a Penguin update if they focus on cleaning up site issues and making sure the sites are as good as they can be in and of themselves rather than focusing on individual factors of individual algorithms.

kusonpadam, Sep 16, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best things we can do is to keep adding content and creating relevant backlinks. We also need to remember Google is not the only source of quality traffic. ;)

danasurvey, Sep 17, 2014 IP
  3. Dittmoe

Dittmoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You better hope your backlinks are in order before the next update.

This new update is gonna be brutal for anyone with a bad link profile.

Dittmoe, Sep 30, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  4. SEOsince99

SEOsince99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Still waiting for the refresh, my guess is that in the next few weeks well see it. Before November is my guess.
    If previous updates were telling I'd also guess that it will happen on a Friday night just before the west coast SEO's take off for the bar. That way they screw the SEO's weekend.

SEOsince99, Oct 14, 2014 IP
  5. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    So basically a random guy makes a random guess........

DinoJRG, Oct 14, 2014 IP
  6. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google are driving more and more website owners into the arms of Bing with their self proclaimed mission to reduce spam. The truth is that many hardworking legitimate sites are getting hit hard :(

lightlysalted, Oct 15, 2014 IP
  7. agentmango

agentmango Member

Best Answers:
    I updated my disavow file a month back. I hope the Penguin 3.0 update will be in my favor this time. It has been months since I'm trying to bring back client's organic traffic.

agentmango, Oct 16, 2014 IP