1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Forwarding not working..

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by gyahoo, Sep 29, 2014.

Hello,

I use Godaddy as my domain registrar. I have a domain with them, but its nameservers are pointed to a different hosting as I'm using an external host and not Godaddy.

I'm trying to setup email forwarding using Godaddy, but its not working, the error I'm getting is:
    Does this mean that I cant use email forwarding from Godaddy, if I am pointing my nameservers elsewhere?

I click on "Reconfigure my MX records to use Workspace email.", but the button doesn't work and it doesn't reconfigure and there's no straight help on Godaddy regarding this.

If anyone can assist me, then I'd appreciate that.
    Regards

gyahoo, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  2. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe im missing something here, but wouldn't you just be setting up your email w/ your actual hosting provider, not godaddy.

You can't change the dns if you are using 3rd party nameservers...so I would configure your email @ your hosting provider, and than forward that email to whatever other one...at least that's what I do.

You probably already figured it out by now tho lol

sweetpea69, Sep 29, 2014 IP
    gyahoo likes this.
  3. veeble

veeble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The email would be provided by the actual hosting domain only. So it is better to configure the email id of the actual provider and then forward them to the other one as explained above.

veeble, Oct 14, 2014 IP