1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just Got A Policy Warning on Adsense - Not Sure Why? Help!

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by powwows, Oct 11, 2014.

So just got notice that one of my pages was violating a policy on Adsense.

Here is the violation message:

Publishers may not implement Google ads in a manner that disguises the ads in any way. For instance, publishers may not place ads under misleading headers or titles as this may confuse users into thinking the ads are actually site links related to that header. To avoid this issue, we ask that publishers use only "sponsored links" or "advertisements" to label ads. More information about this policy can be found in our help center.
    You can see similar pages here:
    http://www.powwows.com/2014/04/27/2014-gathering-of-nations-contest-results/

It was content showing the winners of a Native American Pow Wow.

I've removed the violating page. But want to make sure that my other pages aren't having the same issue. And try to figure out why they feel it was a violation.

Any ideas?

Below are screenshots of the actual page.

Thanks! 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

powwows, Oct 11, 2014 IP
  2. eek2121

eek2121 Member

Best Answers:
    Might be the ad on the right. The 'see more' link looked like a header above the ad at first glance.

eek2121, Oct 11, 2014 IP
  3. eek2121

eek2121 Member

Best Answers:
    The bottom ad is really close to 'topics' as well. To be safe keep your ads far away from clickable links

eek2121, Oct 11, 2014 IP