1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Page Rank from 2 to zero all of sudden

Discussion in 'SEO' started by tyankee, Oct 6, 2014.

I'm always lost when it comes to Google. I have this site for 11 years now that advertises Mustangs for Sale and I've gone through times when google has dropped it from existence to years of it being ranked #1 for the most common keywords. The latest is a PR drop from 2 to zero for the last week (not just a temp thing i don't think) and can't understand why since i haven't done anything SEO in a couple of years. Can anyone see why this might be?

Site is http://www.mustangtraderonline.com

tyankee, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  2. Poupoupidou

Poupoupidou Member

Best Answers:
    A couple of things I notice when I open your site:

i) Links to menus images on the top right are broken. The links work, but the images for the 'buttons' are not loaded.
    ii) There is a strange '34cbceceee9b0a3a569ea22db0ccfbae3815257dac07dc676c' hash code displayed at the bottom of your page. You should remove it.
    iii) You have a shopping section but your site is not secured. That's a big no no for Google. They don't want to expose such unsecured websites to their users.

I would not worry about PR anymore, since Google does not update it anymore. It does not provide reliable anymore. A good substitute is Domain Authority. You can install the Moz plugin in your browser. I noticed your site has a DA of 22, which is low, considering you have 13K links from 43 domains. It seems like you may have caught bad backlinks from bad neighborhoods. If so, you would want to disavow them aggressively.

About 10 days ago, Google released an update to fight PBN (private blog networks). If you have links from them, this could easily explain you drop. Get rid of them or disavow them.

I hope this helps...

Poupoupidou, Oct 7, 2014 IP
    seodetectors07 likes this.
  3. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would forget about Page Rank, it hasn't been relevant for several years.

How are you positioned with keywords?
    You're spamming that introduction text with far too much, it's not written for Human eyes, you've written it for Google, and it can likely tell.
    I would suggest creating a readable introduction, but link out from that to pages which are relevant. For example, you are trying to rank for "Mustang cars for sale in your area", so it would be more appropriate to write something like "Whether you're looking for Mustang cars for sale in your area, or..." and link to a page about buying locally with the words "in your area". Then, on that page, you focus specifically on giving the user the information for local buying, again without cramming it with keywords.

Basically, you're trying to rank for so many different keywords on that one page, when they should be focused on specifically on individual pages relevant to that term.

Conran, Oct 7, 2014 IP
    tyankee likes this.
  4. tyankee

tyankee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We are positioned OK with keywords - used to be #1, then got dropped to never never land with Penguin, and now back up to about #11. Actually we were not trying to get ranked for any keywords in that intro text - just wrote a sincere intro about how we became interested in Mustangs.. If it looks spammy, I will take it out - not sure what to replace it with to seem sincere and legit. We are only trying to rank for 2 keywords - mustangs for sale and mustang for sale

tyankee, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  5. tyankee

Best Answers:
    i) Links to menus images on the top right are broken. The links work, but the images for the 'buttons' are not loaded.
    they load fine on my computers with Firefox and IE - what browser are you using? They do take a couple seconds to load though.

ii) There is a strange '34cbceceee9b0a3a569ea22db0ccfbae3815257dac07dc676c' hash code displayed at the bottom of your page. You should remove it.
    I have to check that - i have no idea what that is.

iii) You have a shopping section but your site is not secured. That's a big no no for Google. They don't want to expose such unsecured websites to their users.
    Got it - thanks.

tyankee, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  6. FranksToys

FranksToys Member

Best Answers:
    If you JUST recently lost pagerank that means you were affected by the PBN issues just recently rolled out.

That's the only time PR has been updated recently. The other thing is if you changed url structure, such as www to non-www.

Otherwise, PBN issue is what affected you. You may have also been a result of collateral damage if you are using a cheap webhost used by PBN's that were hit.

FranksToys, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  7. tyankee

Best Answers:
    I don't use any private blog networks but i DID have this site linked from a couple of my other sites. Hopefully Google is smart enough to know that the sites were related and just trying to cross promote - or that a no no in google's eyes?

Oh and i use Hostgator - i think they're legit..

tyankee, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  8. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about page rank. Your SERPS listings are more important. If you haven't done lots of back linking recently that can also hit your rankings. Spend half an hour a day building some organic natural back links to relevant websites.

lightlysalted, Oct 9, 2014 IP
    tyankee likes this.
  9. knowledgeherald

knowledgeherald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about the pageranks. Google has stopped updating it. It has become the measurement of past. However, just check two things on your site. It should not have broken links and content should not have any portion copied from other websites.

knowledgeherald, Oct 10, 2014 IP
    tyankee likes this.
  10. umairhp

umairhp Banned

Best Answers:
    How often do you update your website? I just checked your page rank and it's not 0. It's N/A which means it will change once Google re-evaluates your website. But we never know when that's going to happen. Have you noticed any drop in your website's traffic or is it still the same?

umairhp, Oct 12, 2014 IP
  11. PascM

PascM Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can see some issues on various browsers also, check IE and notice your site header, might be considered as a broken link.
    Also maybe it's time for a web redesign as more and more people use their tablets to access the web

PascM, Oct 12, 2014 IP
  12. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just my opinion, you should be more concern on how you'll get back on the first position of the search engine result page than understanding why you dropped your PR.

Patricia Ann Lee, Oct 12, 2014 IP
    tyankee likes this.
  13. tyankee

Best Answers:
    the site is updated daily with new listings. the traffic has not changed at all, nor has the rankings..

tyankee, Oct 13, 2014 IP
  14. tyankee

Best Answers:
    we DO have a phone version for smaller screens.. the tablet i checked on used the smaller version.. what size is your tablet?

tyankee, Oct 13, 2014 IP
  15. tyankee

Best Answers:
    thank you for this.. image links were broken - somehow..

tyankee, Oct 13, 2014 IP
  16. umairhp

umairhp Banned

Best Answers:
    Well then do not be concerned about the PageRank at all. Google has stopped giving importance to displaying Pagerank to public and we don't even know if there will be any PR update in the future at all. What should matter to you is the traffic you're getting. As long as it is fine, pagerank does not matter.

umairhp, Oct 13, 2014 IP
  17. tyankee

Best Answers:
    just trying to be proactive.. i know that's all that matters but with everyone saying PR updates are dead, then why did my site update to a 0 and then now a n/r

tyankee, Oct 13, 2014 IP
  18. CYCchips

CYCchips Active Member

Best Answers:
    few days Back i heard google again change their way how ranking they said its not more about keywords and backlinks,,,which is still work,,but now they more considering about page authority,,it mean CR and TR so i know what it mean TR trust rate,,so thats make some changes to your ranking i hope it help you bit what might can happen,,just this is still new secret among seo gurus....

CYCchips, Oct 13, 2014 IP
    tyankee likes this.
  19. umairhp

umairhp Banned

Best Answers:
    I would only suggest you to give it some time. Google certainly keeps making changes to its Search algorithm and the final results might reflect in some time.

umairhp, Oct 14, 2014 IP
    tyankee likes this.
  20. juliet henny

juliet henny Peon

Best Answers:
    If you haven't done lots of back linking recently that can also hit your rankings. Spend half an hour a day building some organic natural back links to relevant websites.

juliet henny, Oct 31, 2014 IP