1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Panda 4.1 are you affected?

Discussion in 'Google' started by chinesegirl07, Oct 4, 2014.

Just recently Google rolled out Panda 4.1. I know that Panda 4.1 would benefit Small and Medium websites, have you noticed any difference in search result or ranking?

chinesegirl07, Oct 4, 2014 IP
  2. seoexpert07777

seoexpert07777 Active Member

Best Answers:
    not any difference in my website ranking..........

seoexpert07777, Oct 4, 2014 IP
  3. Poupoupidou

Poupoupidou Member

Best Answers:
    So far, no difference on a 700-800 views per day blog and same for a small new website...

Poupoupidou, Oct 4, 2014 IP
  4. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have not noticed any major changes.

danasurvey, Oct 5, 2014 IP
  5. Manmohan Singh

Manmohan Singh Member

Best Answers:
    Not major change, ranking still stable.

Manmohan Singh, Oct 5, 2014 IP
  6. chinesegirl07

chinesegirl07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    good to know that everyone replied that ranking is still stable, I read on some articles that their ranking was affected because of the upgrade.

chinesegirl07, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  7. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    The update is still rolling out, Google has stated that this is an ongoing process and should be finished this week. Personally, I'm not holding out much hope that this will do anything remarkable for small and medium sized businesses. Google is a private corporation driven by profits, and it is never going to do anything to reduce the money it is making from advertising, whether that's leaving the big corporations in the top spot, or relegating small businesses to page ten in an effort to convince them to buy ads.

Google is intending to make money, it does that by selling ads. If it gives everyone the position they deserve and an increase in traffic and sales, the income from ads will decline. Why does anyone think Google is going to deliberately do anything to reduce its own income?

If anything, Google would be deliberately moving your content further back to encourage you to gamble against the big boys - which of course no one can really do when up against Amazon or another corporate competitor with massively deep pockets.

Conran, Oct 7, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  8. manishak2001

manishak2001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it has affected one of my sites...

manishak2001, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  9. shrinath

shrinath Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No change with my website

shrinath, Oct 8, 2014 IP
  10. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    No changes for me yet but I expect that Google will quickly update its indexes and then as things settle down we'll see what impact this new Panda the update has had!

lightlysalted, Oct 8, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  11. tadigpo

tadigpo Peon

Best Answers:
    Panda 4.1. will be probably just a refinement of the previous version and thus especially taking into consideration the following onpage parameters: useful/relevant above the fold, internal linking, time on site etc.

tadigpo, Oct 8, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  12. tornado!

tornado! Active Member

Best Answers:
    The update was announced on 9/25 and when he said it should be done by next week that would have been 9/5. It's now past that week, and I see no change for small websites. They still can't be found. I think Google lied when they said it would affect 3-5% of queries. This new Panda looks like it affected 0% of the queries.

tornado!, Oct 8, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  13. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should re-read the source of this update before posting like that :(

"I see no change for small websites." -> How do you know that? :eek: Do you check all small (millions of) websites? :rolleyes:
    "I think Google lied when they said it would affect 3-5% of queries." -> Google lied? How can you say that Google's announcement is only a lie? :eek:
    "This new Panda looks like it affected 0% of the queries." -> You are really a great scientist creator of invented statements :D

KylieSweet, Oct 8, 2014 IP
  14. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    Horrible as ever. Nothing has changed. I only get exposure when I fork over the bread to big G. :D

globegenius, Oct 8, 2014 IP
  15. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    "Search Engine Land is reporting that the roll-out is still occurring, claiming to have confirmed as much with Google. That is indeed a “slow rollout,” and webmaster/SEOs are still feeling the effects." - http://www.webpronews.com/last-google-panda-update-is-still-rolling-out-2014-10

Conran, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  16. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some of us monitor the competition, and any small change for small to medium business would likely be indicated with a little checking. In addition, most decent small businesses keep their ear to the ground and watch for reports of increases from others, no one seems to be reporting any change. You would think that in a community of thousands of small and medium webmasters someone would have pointed out or perhaps mentioned if they'd seen an improvement.

Google does lie, or at least mishandles the truth. Remember the recent furor over guest blogging? Thousands of people were duped (scared and threatened) into removing links from sites that would really do them no damage at all. That was a deliberate move by Google to weaken the value and damage the perception of linking without actually having to do anything at all. All they did was "suggest" that linking from articles "might be bad" and then watch the panic unfold and millions of links disappear.

And you really are seeking to antagonize other posters with snide remarks.

Conran, Oct 9, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  17. tadigpo

tadigpo Peon

Best Answers:
    Just noticed that one of my sites is affected by the new Panda. Google Panda sucks!

tadigpo, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  18. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I had a significant jump in Google traffic in late May of this year. No changes since then.

Jim4767, Oct 9, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  19. tornado!

tornado! Active Member

Best Answers:
    And your evidence is where? Or is it that because someone from Google said it that it must be true?

Go look at the forums and open your eyes, if capable, and see how many others are saying nothing changed for them. After you have done so, then report back with your findings.

tornado!, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  20. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "Google said in a post on Google+ that a “slow rollout” began earlier this week and will continue into next week, before being complete."
    From: http://searchengineland.com/panda-update-rolling-204313

Should be finished this week? How did you know that? :eek: It stated that "will continue into next week, before being complete." :) Is this clear to you what I'm pointing for? ;)

Kindly read it carefully "This new Panda looks like it affected 0% of the queries." :(
    "will allow more high-quality small and medium-sized sites to rank better." from: http://searchengineland.com/panda-update-rolling-204313
    So do you think it affected 0% of the queries? We are talking about the search engine results page.:confused:
    Google updated their algorithm and nothings change? :eek:

KylieSweet, Oct 9, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.