1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I add adsense ads to old posts?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by dim sum, Oct 9, 2014.

Hi,

I recently registered with adsense. I have put ads and a link unit on my main page on the sidebars, and they also equally show on my posts page because of the wordpress theme I'm using.

I've read through all the adsense help pages and they suggest using ads within content and I've heard this elsewhere as well. I've therefore put an add at the bottom of my recent post and a link unit within the text.

Obviously I've only just started so I'm not making anything yet. Should I do the same to all of my old posts (about 25) or just add them to new posts going forward? I don't know if I'll make any money or not, obviously some do, but many people suggest they struggle with adsense.

Considering this, I wonder if it's worth my time and effort going through my old posts and adding ads when I possibly won't make anything from doing so.

What do you think or suggest?

Thanks

dim sum, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  2. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Ya, you can add it to your all posts be it new or old. :)

Digital_shubhi, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  3. eek2121

eek2121 Member

Best Answers:
    You should go back and add adsense ads to your old posts. If you don't feel like doing it all at once, look at Google Analytics and see which posts have the most views per day/week/month and prioritize those first. I personally wrote an algorithm that auto inserts ads into my posts. If you are using wordpress ( I'm not ), look and see if there is a plugin that will do it.

eek2121, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  4. manishak2001

manishak2001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are using Wordpress, you can easily insert ads within all your posts. WP-Insert is a good free plugin that manages ads in your posts.

manishak2001, Oct 10, 2014 IP
  5. knowledgeherald

knowledgeherald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course you can do it. This will increase the chances of earning as the older posts may have been well indexed on search engines and those may have been performing well by now.

knowledgeherald, Oct 10, 2014 IP
  6. dim sum

dim sum Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've updated all posts as of yesterday. I agree it makes sense to try to achieve an earning opportunity - you don't know unless you try, and using different/extra ads will allow me to compare the effectiveness of each ad and specific post.

Thanks

dim sum, Oct 10, 2014 IP