1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is BlackBerry Back?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Marvin Cravens, Sep 30, 2014.

I know you are all laughing right now and saying BlackBerry who? 10 or so years ago BlackBerry was on top of the mobile world, but they have since come a crashing down. With the release of their new Passport, how many of you once BlackBerry users would even look at the new Passport, and what would make you switch back from the current phone you are currently using?

Marvin Cravens, Sep 30, 2014 IP
    Fiverscripts likes this.
  2. Fiverscripts

Fiverscripts Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    "is blackberry back" - i hope not!

The only time i liked blackberry is the time the papers (here in UK) published a full page story about how they were going down and they put it as "6000 RIM jobs on the line" or something haha!

your right though at one point they were the top dog in phones.. but they didnt move with the times.. (something apple are slowly falling short of)

I owned a blackberry for couple of months.. and wouldn't switch back ever (IMO)

Fiverscripts, Oct 3, 2014 IP
  3. chinesegirl07

chinesegirl07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I still use my blackberry bold. For email and business call use. Dropped this phone many times and it is still working very fine. What so great about this phone is the battery. I cant compare the battery with android phones. Well I just hope that blackberry would embrace the latest trend. There are people who still love blackberry. Blackberry can still hold on to the market unlike Nokia. my opinion.

chinesegirl07, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  4. RichardGB

RichardGB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd like to use blackberry if they gonna support their buttonphones with brand new software and browsing speed would be like iOS's I'm sure I'd use it with a pleasure. Love those phones.

RichardGB, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  5. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Not really.. Very few users are gonna buy the new phone. I don't like the weird shape of the new phone they launched. :s Seems too wide like a tablet.

Digital_shubhi, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  6. chinesegirl07

chinesegirl07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're right. That's one thing that BB is doing wrong. creating designs which they think market will buy but not upgrading the system. Drastic move I think.

chinesegirl07, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  7. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    This world is changing on a daily basis, many company comes in and go out.
    Yes 10 years ago it was Blackberry al the way, but since than difficult to maintain market share.
    So once you loose out, it is hard to come back - that is what happening to Blackberry.

janinaherz, Oct 8, 2014 IP
  8. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    I still prefer using my old Blackberry for work. It is probably still the best phone for emails. I think the Blackberry keyboard is one of the best and most under rated designs of the 21st century.

uand.eye, Oct 8, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. Build Online Brand

Build Online Brand Member

Best Answers:
    Not very much sure about this news, but yes used Blackberry phone in past and happy to used it that time.

Build Online Brand, Oct 12, 2014 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I recently saw someone, for the first time in many years, using a BlackBerry and I was envious of the keyboard for emails and texts. Touchscreen keyboards are simply not as good. When I went from my flip phone (with actual keyboard) to a smartphone (because I HAD TO for business reasons) I chose a Droid phone because I predicted that they would soon become the market and innovation leader. But I really miss an actual keyboard.

jrbiz, Oct 12, 2014 IP