1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which brings more traffic: Facebook Page Or Twitter Account?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Poupoupidou, Oct 5, 2014.

?

Which options brings more traffic?

1. Facebook Page

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Twitter Account

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Pinterest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. StumbleUpon

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
    Facebook pages and twitter account are two ways of building a community of followers, but which one does bring more traffic back to your site?

Solved! View solution.
    Poupoupidou, Oct 5, 2014 IP
  2. paullopez

paullopez Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, LinkedIn brings adequate traffic to our website as compared to the other social media sites. But, if are only considering the above four options, then the answer is twitter.

paullopez, Oct 5, 2014 IP
  3. Resource9

Resource9 Member

Best Answers:
    You can get traffic from all the main social networking websites : Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and LinkedIn. The most important thing is that you need to work on optimizing the business pages for these websites and work on growing the network.

Resource9, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  4. RichardGB

RichardGB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook allows to show you more content before redirection but twitter brings more traffic anyway.

RichardGB, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  5. Seo Power

Seo Power Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I say test and find out which one brings more traffic. Check out the urls above where two different websites estimated their traffic from different social platforms:

http://marketingland.com/facebook-driving-more-than-2x-twitter-traffic-to-parse-lys-news-clients-57198

http://blog.bufferapp.com/twitter-vs-facebook-vs-google

In both studies, Facebook came out on top. It was the top traffic source and I'm not surprised because there's clearly more engagement on Facebook than there is on Twitter.

Seo Power, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  6. Volact

Volact Member

Best Answers:
    I've seen Twitter used for spamming ads more than Facebook. You usually can find a whole bunch of fake bots with useless links more on Twitter than Facebook. In my opinion, I believe Facebook brings more traffic.

Volact, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  7. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Instead of answering (because this thread does seem to pop up quite often here) I actually want to understand the logic between the question? You have decided to employ the social networks for traffic but want to limit yourself with just one? Of course, depending on your business for which you haven't mentioned a word, might mean that one or the other would be a better option but why limit yourself? Seriously why does it have to be Facebook OR Twitter. Bringing good traffic is not a competition of which social network is best, its the proper engagement and usage of both so you can get more results in a shorter time. Simple as that really ;)

Rado_ch, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  8. thuthuatwordpress

thuthuatwordpress Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Facebook should be a much more large community and enteraction than twitter, eveyday, people join facebook almost all day to updates status, share stuff and thanks to the growing social network, both of these network brings valuable traffic.

thuthuatwordpress, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  9. vectors

vectors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In my case its twitter! I usually getting around 6000+ visitors from twitter just by tweeting and by simple trick :)
    in case of Facebook I tried marketing but not helped me!

vectors, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  10. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As what I have noticed Twitter is known for fast pace micro blogging network and prone to spammers as well as providing insufficient information to the people unlike Facebook that has detailed information through content that will more likely target visitors for its interesting previews which is more traffic will acquire compared to Twitter tweets.

KylieSweet, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  11. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you give some tips?

Patricia Ann Lee, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  12. Nick Daley

Nick Daley Peon

Best Answers:
    Each social networking has its own specialty. No doubt, Facebook has most number of visitors and highly traffic website but it also has large number of fake accounts too. Same thing is there on Twitter as well. You need to optimized and promote your Facebook page in proper direction. Many other websites like Pinterest, Stumble upon, Reddit etc are beneficial for driving traffic towards websites.

Nick Daley, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  13. manishak2001

manishak2001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've had better luck with Facebook traffic. I find Twitter confusing and honestly my efforts with that have failed every time!

manishak2001, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  14. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would go for Facebook. You have way too many examples to prove with the lights of upworthy.com, distractify.com and viralnova.

rankwatch.com, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  15. Maria Taylor

Maria Taylor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is there any special trick in your tweet? We also know the trick, if you would like to share!

Maria Taylor, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  16. Siservices

Siservices Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook always bring more traffic to the any business than Twitter. The reason is simple, have you heard of people saying they don't have a facebook account? I guess NO, But, you might have seen people who don't have a twitter account.

Siservices, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  17. thuthuatwordpress

thuthuatwordpress Active Member

Best Answers:
    For twitter: you can do a search with your keywords, then follow the people (potential customers) in your niche, then Reply directly to their status.
    Example: you are promoting an powerpoint template, try some searches with following formula: "powerpoint tempale" -http, then find peo people who are looking for the powerpoint template to make video or create an awesome presenation, yes, reply to therir tweet.

thuthuatwordpress, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  18. harrysam

harrysam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've seen people have success with both of those.

Personally for me, Facebook works best but it highly depends on your niche and demographics.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    harrysam, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  19. devandkumar11

devandkumar11 Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter is a Micro Blogging website and Facebook is pure Social Networking website. It also provide Business promotion Opportunity which help to generate loyal users and unique traffic.

devandkumar11, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  20. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook and Twitter are good options for Social Networking. If you need traffic these are good sources.

usemyteam, Oct 7, 2014 IP